Wakeboarders?

Crums

Wakeboarder Extraordinaire
Is anyone a wakeboarder or water skier? I guess I can include knee boarders in here as well (I was always told to get off my knees and ski like a man!). I will try and generally purchase any toy that I can pull behind my boat, but prefer that it's not a tube. Don't get me wrong, I have as much fun as the next guy tubing but it seems like someone is always out when there isn't a ripple on the water making waves when I'm trying to slalom (oh buy the way I think I own the water between the hours of 6-9am). THE BEST TIME OF THE DAY TO TUBE IS AT 2PM!!!!!! Not at 8 am!!!!! I guess I'm just a ski nazi!

bdavis

We do the tubing thing quite a bit in the summer. My brother has a tube and kneeboard that they use. I just bought a new tube at the end of the season last year and haven't even had it inflated yet. With young kids, it seems the tubes are the most enjoyable though a couple of my brother's kids get on the kneeboard.

Crums

When I was younger you couldn't keep me off of the tubes! I know what your talking about. How old are the kids? Have you introduced water skiis or a wakeboard? If not jump on ebay,I see ski and wakeboard equipment for under $50 all the time.

Crums

Some fun camera angles at cumberland.

FH000009aaallll.jpg

FH000023alll.jpg

FH000007alll.jpg

bdavis

My bro and I have our campers side by side during the summer. We share the beach right in front of our campers. My bro has 5 kids and we've got 2. They range in age from 4(my youngest) to 12(his oldest)
The kids all love the tube. We're also starting a few of them on the kneeboard.

Myself, I just drive the boat. I tried kneeboarding once. Made it 30 ft from shore and that was it! I've got abosolutlely no sense of balance.

mrfixit

I like to wakeboard, but since we bought our boat i'd rather just knock other people around on the tubes. I think last season I wakeboarded 8-10 times.

W'nt Crazy

Nice pics man, I skied some many years ago,before the wake board thing. I have been passed many times by boats like the one in the pic, WOW what a wake that thing makes, not ever seeing it from the behind the boat perspective! No wonder you guys toss me around like crazy. How high is that? from the bottom of the trough to the top of the crest?

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
GREAT pics Josh. They do make some big wakes with those ski boats when they fill up the 300 gallon bladder sack that Josh keeps in the rear.

Now we need some pics with the new tower. :D :thumb:

edit to add ....I'm thinking 300 gallon is way to big. Crums will tell us how big it is for sure.

W'nt Crazy

Learn something new every day,, I knew that those guys pushed a lot of water, but was not aware that they added that much wieght to the boat. bet the fuel consumption is out of this world.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Josh has a pump whiich makes it a 5 min. operation to load or unload the bladder. You sure don't cruise with a full bladder. :D

Crums

I try to get as much weight as possible, the bladder holds a little over 500lbs and we stategically have placed some weights in the bow. When its fully weighted the wake is knee to mid thigh high.

Blondie

WOW, now wonder he is your hero! He makes it look so easy and so much fun!!! Thanks Crums, that just got me sooooo excited for the summer :D

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
WOW! He can ride em can't he. And he never falls .....at least in the video. :D
And such air. He really gets up there. I didn't have sound but it looked like they had an ultra light following them for those shots. Awesome.

Now we'll need to get an ultra light, make a landing strip for in on the houseboat and we'll be all set to get shots like that of you. :thumb: :D;

mrfixit

I can't wait until this summer, Brandys already asking about having crums teach her some cool tricks.

Crums

Hey Nick, tell Brandy I'll have her doing flips by the end of june if she not working on the weekends! I hope you sat her down and got her priorities straightened out for this summer (just kidding, well kind of)! I told Alison we need to get down there and get the boat out. I think she'll make me wait until the house is done though. If you guys want to ski this weekend, my friend is a mastercraft rep and he's having a demo day this saturday from 9-5. He's going to have his X-Star and a couple of other boats there. The only hitch is you have to buy it after you ski behind it! He said the wake is pretty impressive and his last boat had a huge wake so if this is impressive it must be monsterous.

mrfixit

I think she would like to just clear the wake, but she was good at sports in school so she'll probably pick up on it really quick. Yes i do believe that she has her priorities strait for this year. No school. :thumb:Just need to get the whole work thing figured out.:pat: