Are you boating this weekend?

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
I can't believe Labor day weekend is upon us. That usually means the end of boating season for us. With luck we get one more weekend after Labor day for the Sternwheeler festival in Marietta Oh. Always a good time, but the weather is not always good.
We plan to boat all we can this weekend. Going to have the go fast out Friday and Saturday and the Houseboat out on Sunday. Monday is still up in the air. I'll try to remember the camera and get some good shots cause I'm thinking of having a photo contest in a couple weeks. Best pic will win twenty dollars and a little bit of fame. :D So if you are boating take some pics to share. :thumb:

dreamseeker

been out every day since thursday. Took time off for a much longer weekend. Left this am and crused for 10 hours and had a blast the whole time

swimming, drifting, music, and just enjoying the beutiful sunny day.

lot of boats on the bay just after noon time but cleared out arround 5 and then took a two hour cruise back to the slip

will be out again tommoro again. Only about two weekends left and she comes out and back home for the winter

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Sounds Great Dreamseeker! We put our little boat (25' Baja) in on Thursday, but that was it. Rain kept us in the houseboat tied to the dock. But Friday, Saturday Sunday and Monday were all GREAT for boating.
We had a big ole cook out on the houseboat Sunday. Friday, Saturday and Monday we were cruising in the Baja. GREAT way to end up the boating season. I hope to get a couple more weekends in but if the weather does not cooperate at least we had 4 days straight of good boating. :D
My daughter got a great sunset pic. I'll share it here once she gives me a copy.

dreamseeker

doc had a great time to day. Went out early no boating trafic to talk about. Some friend and i took a ride to the great bay inlet in tuckerton. There is an old coast gaurd station there that is use by rutgers college and i service there hvac systems so we pulled up to the dock and spent some time there taking pictures that i will post when i can

then went up to Point pleasant to see a band and watch the fireworks then in the manasquan inlet and home

great way to end another summer the whole day on the water and out in the ocean for about a 30 mile trip from one inlet to the other.:tiphat:

back to work in the morning and hoping for a couple more weekends
wayne v

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Here is that sunset pic I was talking about.

SunsetHBcookout93008.jpg

bdavis

I spent the entire labour day weekend out boating, camping, and fishing. Only a couple more smaller outings planned for this season then it'll be time to store the boat for the winter. Last weekend at camp planned for this weekend before I haul the trailer out and start getting it ready for winter. Been a good season this year for us. We were out at camp enjoying ourselves every weekend this summer. Of course, allot of boating around the lake took place.

My average day at camp consisted of getting up, making breakfast for the kids and I then heading out fishing till the early afternoon. When we'd get back from fishing, I'd hook up the tube to the boat and haul the kids around for a bit.

boat 017.jpg

boat 011.jpg