Baja Boats

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Hey,
Any other Baja owners out there? I've owned a Baja Force 235 since 99 and it has been the best boat I ever owned. The quality shows thru and thru. Such a nice ride. I recommend a used Baja over a new boat of some other make. You can spend the same money but get so much more boat and enjoyment for your dollar.

Off my soap box .... :beer:

YeOldeStonecat

Hello....early '80s 18SS owner. Had an old Merc 175 on it when I bought it, that engine got tired (and very thirsty..V6), so last year tossed that and picked up a rebuilt Merc 125.

picture.php

Prior to that I had an early '80s 16SS that had a Johnson 90.
Here's a pic of my older one in my yard
boat1.JPG

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Welcome to Net Boat Talk Stone Cat. :thumb: Where bouts do you boat with your Baja? It looks fast just sitting there. Nice tow vehicle too. I like Jeeps. Used to own one, I miss not having a Jeep for sure.

YeOldeStonecat

Welcome to Net Boat Talk Stone Cat. :thumb: Where bouts do you boat with your Baja? It looks fast just sitting there. Nice tow vehicle too. I like Jeeps. Used to own one, I miss not having a Jeep for sure.

I live in south eastern Connecticut, inside of Fishers Island Sound..which is on the end/inside of Long Island Sound. A great body of protected water...yet still on the ocean.

I don't have that Jeep anymore..traded it in for a Jeep Liberty..as I needed more interior room and cargo carrying. I do miss that Jeep...I put on a Borla header and stainless steel exhaust system, lift kit, etc. Liberty is my 3rd Jeep. First Jeep prior to the Wrangler above was an '89 Wrangler...also quite a few mods on it.

I'm very anxious for the spring voyage...every morning I look in the backyard at the boat..it seems very bored just sitting there on the trailer.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
I know what you mean. Mine sits in my pole barn, just sitting. Yearning for sunshine and warmer days.

Here's a pic of a fun day cruising on the water:

baja_f235.jpg

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Heck no, you are not stealing the thread. Love boat pics of all kinds.
I miss the hell out of that ole Baja. Looking back I think it was the best boat I ever owned. Wish I had been able to keep it with I upgraded. I would have been better off refreshing the baja in the long run but ...we live and learn.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
I asked my one nephew that now owns a 42ft Chris Commander, what was your most fun boat that you owned, and he said his 21ft Century, we went every where in it. He said that they would leave from the Maumee River in Toledo Oh and go to Bayfield Canada on Lake Huron and back.
I too share your feeling about what was. There has only been 2 times that I wished I had a larger boat, and that was when I was on rough seas.
My girl has everything that I need, and you cannot even imagine the additions that I have put on her.
You talk about a labor of love.
Hopefully we can get this thread to get others to show off their girls. Denny.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
I agree. I think that is the prefect size since it's easy to trailer wherever and it handles the waves better than most .
I even when hunting for my ole Baja. I traded it on a whim to a guy in Mich. for a 93 Corvette. The Baja needed an engine but all else was good with it. I make dumb trades. :pat:

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
It was not a bad trade, it was what you thought that you wanted at the time.
It wasn't until later that found out it wasn't. Denny.

Reactions: Doc