MUCH NEEDED REPAIRS TO MY TRAILER.

mcgill

HELLO

THIS SPRING I WILL NEED TO DO SOME MUCH NEEDED REPAIRS TO MY TRAILER. I HAVE AN 18 FOOT BASS BAOT 150 YAHAMA PRO-V HOW DO I GET THE BOAT SAFLY ON BLOCKS WITH OUT KILLING MY SELF OR DAMEGING MY BOAT .I LOOKED ON YOUTUBE I LOOKED ON GOOGLE NOTHING ON HAVE TO DO THIS .SOME TELL ME USE A CAR FLOOR JACK WITH BLOCKS OF WOOD. I KNOW THERE IS A SAFE WAY TO DO THIS .

THANK YOU

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
I had to do this with my 50' houseboat. What a job. :eek:

You use bottle jacks to jack up the trailer, a little at a time.
You'll need a bunch of cribbing. 2' x 4" x 2". I got mine from a local mill. Rough cut.

As you jack you stack the cribbing in twos. Two go one direction and two go at a right angle to the first two. Continue this way until you are as high as the boat edge. Once up to the boat edge use one board.
I used 9 stacks for the houseboat. I'd think you can get by with 4 statcks, one at each corner.
As you raise the trailer and build the stacks for the cribbing, you then let the trailer down and move the trailer forward. You might not be able to get the trailer out because a stack is in the way, so you could have to do a stack 1/2 way up as you inch the trailer out. It is a tedious process but safe as long as you build your cribs right.
Hope this helps. I know rereading it it sounds confusing so I'll expect a question or two on the process. Good luck.

Edit to add: With that 150hp motor on the back you might have to tie down the front to stop the boat from flipping over backwards. Take her slow and be safe.

Bt Doctur

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would jack up the side to clear the bunk and pour some soapy dishwashing detergent first to make it slippery, attach your tow vehicle, using a towing bridle on the stern dock rings attached to a fixed object, pull the tow vehicle foward sliding to boat off the trailer about 3-4 feet, jack up the stern and support the stern with a cradle,pull 3-4 more feet, jack the bow up and block just under the windshield, remove jack, remove trailer.