Everglades Boats reports $3M in early show sales

waybomb

I'd rather be blown
EDGEWATER, Fla. — Everglades Boats is reporting retail sales totaling more than $3 million during the Atlanta, Atlantic City and Miami International Boat Shows and those results may indicate some market stabilization, Everglades Vice President of Sales Greg Allen in a statement Thursday.

“I am confident and optimistic that the immediate retail sales we have completed in the early winter boat shows are positive signs of an improving or at least stabilized market in the near term,” Allen said.

The sales numbers are a welcome sign for the company. Everglades departments are currently operating with a limited workforce to maintain customer service, sales/marketing and financial functions, the company reports. Based on the most recent sales activity, the company says a limited production workforce is scheduled to return in March.

“We have made some very difficult but prudent decisions regarding labor and materials in the past few months to make sure we are prepared to meet retail demand when the market recovers,” said President Stephen Dougherty. “Our temporary suspension of production has allowed the retail markets to lower inventories in a few short months and has freed up floorplan dollars allowing our dealer network to commence a normal flow of product. We will start a limited production crew beginning March 2 and gradually bring employees back as the retail markets continue to improve.”

The company also reports encouraging sales during the first weekend of the New England Boat Show, which it says are a sign of better retail market conditions.

"Everglades is open for business and optimistically preparing for the coming year based on the current number of ordered boats,” according to the company’s recent statement.

Everglades Boats, which manufactures family fishing boats, was founded in 1999 by father and son Bob and Stephen Dougherty.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
I went to the Louisville Houseboat show this past weekend. I saw two boats sold, and others in the negotiation process. Both boats were 300k +.
Pics from the show coming later this week.