Do you want a Go Fast or a Pontoon?

waybomb

I'd rather be blown
That would scare the crap outa me.

At least both guys are wearing lifelines, but I don't see a tether on the driver.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
I agree, it does seem scary. We know what 60mph is like and on a pontoon with two tubes instead of a V bottom whoaa ....when they were turning I could just imagine the nose catching a wave and pushing it under. Rather dangerous IMHO......but that's the kind of stuff that makes for good videos. :pat:

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
I now have a 'go fast' tritoon pontoon. Love it. A Manitou 26ft SHP (Sports Handling Package) with a 350 hp Suzuki outboard pushing it through the water.
I'm shocked at how well it handles. Nothing like a V bottom but it is fun. I'm told it could get up to 60 with 1/4 tank of gas and one person onboard. I could care less. Top speed I've seen is 55 and that was only one time. I've gone 50 with 6 of us onboard. But best of all I can go 20 to 25 with no issues. Makes a nice breeze on a hot day. I can take in more scenery and have a causual ride. In my go fast I was going 30 minimum to be up on plane, 35 or faster to be comfortable on plane. No such issue on the pontoon. Yeah, I'm older and I'm ready to slow down a bit, and I'm enjoying it.