COVER FILLS WITH RAIN WATER 20 40 GALLON

mcgill

HELLO

MOST OF YOU KNOW I HAVE AN 18 FOOT WINNTER BASS BOAT LOCATED IN THE PHOTO ABOVE ON THE LEFT. THAT I LOVE . BUT WHEN IT RAINS IT FILLS MY COVER WITH RAIN WATER 20- 40 GALLONS . I HAVE TRYED ALL THAT I KNOW MAYBE I HAVE THE COVER ON RONG.IF THERE IS ANY ONE OUT THERE THAT CAN HELP ME THANK YOU.

Last edited:

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
The one sure fire way I know of not to pool rain water is to park it where it never ever rains. :D :hide:

What you can do is minimize the area where it collects by having the adjustable poles or something to prop under the cover holding the cover up & taunt so that the water runs off. There will always be a little water pooling but nothing close to 20 or 40 gallons.

We cover the house boat with tarps even though it is in a shed. Still the front of the boat does get rain and snow on it. One of the tarps broke loose and it made a nice collection spot for water. Water thawed and dripped off the building onto my tarp & boat. Then we had another cold spell. All that water froze. I ended up with a big ol block of ice. It was a 3' x 3' cube. Heavy as the dickens. I had to use a sledge hammer (once I got the cube on the ground) to break it free from the frayed tarp it was frozen solid to. What a mess. ....just letting you know, it happens to all of us Mcgill.

OhioTC18

One thing you might think of trying is an air pillow for an aboveground pool winter cover. They come in 4'X4' and 4'X8'. Reasonably priced too. Blow them up and put under your cover. Take a look at them here.