Hi to all!

suebehere

Thanks for this forum, I'm sure I'll visit often as I am new to boating and well, even though I;m new, I've already had my first boat sink:doh: Anyway, we are shopping for a newer one since we already paid our dock fee for the year. Wish us luck!

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Good luck Sue, and welcome to Net Boat Talk. We'll be happy to help you out as best we can.
I'm just this evening back from a 10 day boating vacation on the Ohio River. It was awesome. The weather cooperated 90% of the time.
Where bout do you boat? What type of boat sunk, and what type of boat are you looking for?

suebehere

We are in North East Ohio. Docking at the Grand River with easy access to Lake Erie. We had a 21' Skiff Craft, wooden classic, for 5 days. She was swelling fine when on the sixth morning, we got a call from marina saying our boat sank. Lucky it didn't pull down the dock as she was pretty full of water. We had the canvas on it so when it was hoisted up, most of the oil clung to that. Anyway, best we can figure is the bilge pump gave out. Though that still doesn't explain how she filled up in the first place. It's a mystery.
We are now looking at a 30' Baha Cruiser. Fiberglass. It was just surveyed and now were haggling with the owner 'bout a few things. Really all we'll need are seats. It was used as a fishing vessel. Cabin is very clean. I'm thinking pontoon seats?? across the back.

waybomb

I'd rather be blown
Welcome. Luckily, I can say I haven't sunk a boat!
as he says "knock on wood" while he knocks on some.....

suebehere

Ok, so I haven't been here that much. We did end up getting a 30' Baha Cruiser last month. Been out ofter. Thinking about going to see the Air Show from the boat. Any suggestions?? BTW, where'd the perch go? Went out NW to 55' and got 1.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
I bet seeing the air show by boat would be awesome.
...no idea on the perch. :)