My latest boat

JimR

So here is where we go from the last posting. Last July I had a 325HP 350 built for my boat. I just didn't have the time or energy to mess with it any longer. I wanted to go fishing. Plus for $1800.00 with a two year unlimited hour warranty I said screw it. That being said, the boat so far has run like a dream. We got to take her out about a dozen times last year to do some Blue and Striper fishing in Long Island Sound and around Cape Cod. Hopefully this week I can take it out to de-winterize it. I can't do that in my yard anymore because I installed a big intake scoop for the raw water pump underneath the hull. The Alpha One water pump was not big enough to cool the motor's exhaust manifolds with a closed cooling system. It did however keep the motor cool enough. I had to install a complete raw water pump and large cooling lines to keep her cooled down. I should go back and read the other postings. I don't know if I mentioned that I had installed a pair of 3" thru the hull straight pipes on her to replace a rotted out exhaust Y pipe. I capped the outdrive to keep water from coming in. I'm really looking forward to doing some serious fishing this year. Hopefully the gas prices will fall a bit and I can find the time to fish.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Sounds good Jim. I bet it sounds REAL good with the straight pipes. :D
The season is here for sure. I hope to get the Baja in this coming weekend if the weather will cooperate and the river will drop to normal levels.

JimR

The exhaust sounds like a deep dark demon is in there trying to get out. A few years back a good friend of mine had a Formula 223LS with a Silent Thunder exhaust system and a 454 big block in it. My boat is deeper sounding and louder than his 454 was. It sounds almost mean. I wish it got up and went like his 454 did. That boat would top out at 65 MPH at WOT. Of course the gas gauge used to show just how fast you could guzzle gas at WOT. The last time I went out fishing we ran the boat for about 8 hours. Mostly trolling around or idleing. I only put 20 gallons in here for the whole day. That is a big improvement over my last boat. I'm sure the extra 65 horses in the motor make a big difference in the gas usage. Waybomb, what can you tell me about spark knock sensors?