Jet Ski

Crums

Wakeboarder Extraordinaire
My wife has already stated that "YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BUY THAT", and I really hate jet skiers! But, I've always wanted a stand up jet ski and or a wet bike. I shouldn't even be trolling craigslist, but I have the winter blues. Here is my find, the guys says it needs a battery(and that's it) I may go look at it.:badidea:

http://columbus.craigslist.org/boa/1558000714.html

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Well ..... did you go look at it? Did you buy it? You know Bree would love it ...well, in a few years. :yum:

rlk

I have never been on a jet ski, but we have plenty of them on Kerr Lake where I do my boating.

When I see them on CraigsList, even ones that are only a couple of years old state they have a rebuilt engine. Do the engines really only last a couple of years? I know most of the ones I see are either stopped or wide open. Very few seem to be cruising at a moderate speed.

Bob

Crums

Wakeboarder Extraordinaire
I talked to the guy, I think I will go this weekend.

I know that Doc wouldn't discourage me, but he has to back me up when his daughter is beating me with an oar.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
I have never been on a jet ski, but we have plenty of them on Kerr Lake where I do my boating.

When I see them on CraigsList, even ones that are only a couple of years old state they have a rebuilt engine. Do the engines really only last a couple of years? I know most of the ones I see are either stopped or wide open. Very few seem to be cruising at a moderate speed.

Bob
I know it can seem that way with the gnats on the water. LOL. We had a 1995 Yamaha Wave Raider from 1996 until last year. It was a 700cc machine. Went plenty fast for me (59mph). Never a lick of trouble. I just sold it last year cause my son who rode it the most bought him a ski boat a couple seasons ago ...and the jet ski mostly sat since then.

We put 1300 hours on it without a lick of trouble, but we did run Yahmalube a synthetic oil that ran 18 bucks a gallon. Expensive but it seemed worth it.

A friend just sold his 2007 Kawasaki 1200, 3 seat jet ski. It cost 8k. He had it up for sale all summer and finally put it on ebay and ended up getting 4300 for it. Great buy for someone. Turns out it was bought by a Russian guy who buys all kinds of stuff and ships it back to Russia. The truck that picked up the jet ski also picked up a used Mercedes at the local Mercedes dealer. Both were headed for Russia. Crazy.

OhioTC18

I talked to the guy, I think I will go this weekend.

I know that Doc wouldn't discourage me, but he has to back me up when his daughter is beating me with an oar.
I know Doc got rid of his because of lack of use. But he has the party barge along with the go fast boat. SO little time left it.
My wife won't step foot in a go fast boat anymore. My brother ruined her with his idiotic attitude. She did enjoy the ride on the houseboat though. I don't think she'd enjoy a jet ski unless it was just a leisurely cruise.