Has anyone broke out the ski yet?

Crums

Wakeboarder Extraordinaire
I'm usually gettin the boat out of storage right about now and prepairing for the first ski run of the year, unfortunately building a new house has taken priority over my spring skiing. Has anyone braved the fridged waters yet?

bdavis

Oh.......that kind of ski-ing. We've still got 2-3 ft of snow up here with roughly 2 ft of ice on the lakes.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Oh my. So you have maybe a 6 week boating season? :eek:

Do you snowboard or snow ski too?

Crums

Believe it or not I saw someone out taking a ski run today! It looked like he was wearing a drysuit, what a sissy(just kidding)!

mrfixit

:lol:Well I did pick up the ski in the building and moved them around the other day. Does that count?

bdavis

Oh my. So you have maybe a 6 week boating season? :eek:

Do you snowboard or snow ski too?

I should have my boat in the water in a few weeks. Still lots of ice on the lakes but its starting to open up in spots.........usually takes about a week or so to open completely once it starts. The snow's going pretty fast too. Another few days and I'll be able to haul my boat out from it's winter storage spot in the snowbank in my other yard accross the back lane. Good thing cuz I'm off to the city in a few weeks to pick up my new camper I bought last fall. They stored it there for the winter.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Yep, it's time to get the campgrounds set up and ready for boating season. Guessing you have a campsite on the water where you boat. Right? That's how we did it until we bought our river front property.

bdavis

Yep! Got an excellent campsite with our own beach. It's a small campground that's part of the snowmobile club I belong to. We've got a clubhouse there overlooking the lake and a large garage on the other side of the road to house the groomers. Only pay $450 a summer for an electrical site. It's only a 5 minute drive from my house. I spend most of my summer out there. Below is a picture of our campsite. The big camper is my brothers, my campsite is the one with the little camper behind the trees.(with a wife and 2 kids in that thing, it gets a little cramped which is why we bought a new camper) My dad's camper is the one behind my brother's. Oh, and just to the right of my campsite is my uncle's. There's 12 sites in all and we all know each other and get along great. Most of us are on the executive for the snowclub.

The little guy standing in the water behind my boat is my youngest son. The other kids in the pic are my brother's along with his wife.

boat005.jpg

bdavis

That would be a lake. It's 14 miles long from end to end with lots of bays and islands. Nice lake.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Nice looking place you got there Brian. Boating sure is a family affair isn't it? We did it exactly the same. We had campers galore on a 3/4 acre lot right on the river. We eventually got one of the truck slide in type campers and gave it to our daughters and their cousins to use. Worked out GREAT! Slide in truck campers are cheap too. It gave the kids their own clubhouse / playroom / sleeping area. :thumb:

Crums

I am starting to get the shakes, there are skiers on every body of water around here! I'm glad the weather finally broke here in ohio, I can't wait to get the boat out and have some fun.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Hey Crums. I saw your boat yesterday. It says it misses you. :D
You'll be all set to 'get er wet' after your Chicago trip. :thumb:

bdavis

Finally got the boat hauled out of it's winter storage area yesterday. Getting the itch to take her out on the lake. I'd like to try this weekend but the lakes around here are just starting to open up. Another week or so and I'll have her in the water.