Rained out today!

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Well it's the weekend and we boated okay on Friday. Had plenty of sunshine. Got out for a couple hours of sunshine before the severe thunderstorms entered our area. We got drenched. We were close to the boat club but that didn't save us much. Very strong winds and heavy rain. We were in the 25' Baja. Even with the little sun top up we still got wet. Docked it and jumped onto the houseboat. Dried off and all is well. Even able to get online from the houseboat and someone at the boat club is cooking up a big ole prime rib dinner tonight. Dinner's at 6. Anyone hungry?

On another note the Baja is running great now. The 'dry carb' problem was fixed with a new fuel pump. Ahhhh now we can cruise ...when it quits raining. :D

Anyone else get out boating this weekend?

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
We didn't let a little rain ruin our day. The prime rib dinner was Stupendious!!!!! We tipped a few at the clubhouse afterwards. A good time overall.
We had more severe thunderstorms right after dinner. It was the worst one yet. These storms are getting scary. Sure glad we were not out on the water when that one hit.

bdavis

Doc...your weekend sounds like mine.(even the weather) It rained like crazy on friday and saturday but we were still out at camp to watch a couple movies and sleep. I didn't even put the boat in the water till yesterday. Went out and wet a line, came back to camp, cooked up a delicious steak dinner on the BBQ, lit a campfire and sat out under the stars watching the northern lights bounce around almost touching the lake.

This morning saw us out fishing again by 8 am. The fish weren't bitting so I took a nice cruise around the lake. The lake I camp on is 15 miles long from end to end with lots of islands, points, and bays with very limited pupulation around it. Kinda remote but still minutes from town type thing.

Last edited: