BASS BOATS IN THE 80S

mcgill

HELLO

THE GUYS AND I WAS TALKING TO DAY AT WORK .I SAID MOST OF YOUR BASS BOATS IN THE 80S WHERE MAD BETTER THEN TO DAYS BASS BOATS . THE 150HP MOTOR TRAILER AND 18F GLASS BOAT IN THE 80S WAS ABOUT 2000 POUNDS. YOU CAN TOW THAT WITH A V6 .3.0 MIN VAN OR CAR WITH FRONT WEEL DRIVE. WHAT DO YOU THINK.

Last edited:

Crums

Wakeboarder Extraordinaire
You can, but it would definately work the motor. No large hills!

I've pulled my ski boat with a 6cylinder toyota pickup and it was struggling to make it to 50mph. It weighs 3500 with trailor.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
I agree it would work but it might put a strain on the drivetrain of a front wheel drive vehicle. I don't know if they are rated at all for towing. I've towed short distances with a 6 cyl, but it was an Astro van. It surprised me how well it did, but it was made on a truck frame. A 6 cyl truck would be fine for you ...it's the front wheel drive I'd be concerned with. There is a tow rating for vehicles that tow, so maybe you could find out if the vehicle you are considering towing with is rated for towing at all. If not I would not tow with it.

waybomb

I'd rather be blown
I towed my 17' flat bottom Barron drag boat with am all iron big block from Cali to Wisconsin, in a Plymouth Voyager with a v6. Going up the hills was a 2nd gear slow pull, but going down the hills was downright scary. Pulling the boat is not the problem; stopping is. Especially to someone you run into. Pull the boat with the correct vehicle, for them. And if your car has a short wheelbase, then you get into the swinging-trailer syndrome.