Spring

Bt Doctur

Super Moderator
Staff member
:coolshades:Now that Spring is offically here it`s time to get uncovered and go boating. for those who winterized properly, charge the battery, CHECK THE ENGINE AND DRIVE OILS, install the battery and coat the connections,grease everything INCLUDING THE PROP, test run .
For those who didn`t winterize properly , we all here to answer your questions
HAVE A SAFE BOATING SEASON:applause:

waybomb

I'd rather be blown
Check the dates on your flares. Keep the old ones on the vessel in a container marked "out of date". Put each PFD on and see it is still a PFD! Yup, that water is cold right now, but it would really suck if they lost their buoyancy. And don't buy cheapos if you love the people with you. If you hate em, well, cinder blocks work. If you have any dated or certified PFDs, check the dates on those too. On your first trip out, get a radio check before you leave, and then when you are on your way out a couple of times. Buy a portable radio - cheap insurance. Make sure your bilge blowers all work. Cycle your bilge pumps. Make sure they actually move water. Check your nav lights, may be a good time to upgrade to LED's. You'd be surprised what labbing or propscanning your props do. It's worth the cost. Don't forget to renew registration. Check the ground tackle - that anchor rode does go bad over time. In fact, you may want to throw it into the washing machine and wash in Woolite and dry it out, to keep it soft. Same with your dock lines. If you have a trailer, grease those bearings and retorque all the frame bolts. Run the genset and load it up with a large load Clean out the fresh water tanks and fill them up Buy some string bikinis in case some friends show up without a suit. Guys not allowed. Buy a bunch of new Reggae (any Marley, AlCapone, Eek a Mouse, Jah, etc) and Surf Music (Ventures, Hurricanes, Storms, BelAirs, Eliminators, etc) cds and load up your player changer. Make sure the player and amps still work. Enjoy boating.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Thanks for the reminders Fred. You reminded me I have to order new dock lines. :thumb: