Cumberland Striper fishing

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Good link Josh. WOW. Some big ones for sure. I can only imagine how much fun they would be to reel in.

I copied some pics from Larrys to share here (It appears Dec 2007 was very good fishing indeed! :eek:):

cumberland_fishing.jpg

cumberland_fishing2.jpg

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
I got to ask ...was this the boat Larry took you out in? He said it was fully enclosed and heated .... I pictured a much bigger boat.

cumberland_fishingboat_03.jpg

pugger

Good link Josh. WOW. Some big ones for sure. I can only imagine how much fun they would be to reel in.

I copied some pics from Larrys to share here (It appears Dec 2007 was very good fishing indeed! :eek:):
Day-yummmmmm!!!!:a7:

Crums

Wakeboarder Extraordinaire
That is the boat, it's a 20' aluminum river boat. He said it's the same kind that those crazy guys run up and down the Colarodo river at 80mph.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
So, what does the guide do while you guys are fishing? Does he kick back and have a beer or two? What a job to have to take folks out boating / fishing every day.....and GET PAID FOR IT!!!!! :tiphat: :clap: :D

Crums

He makes sure the boat is going straight and we have bait on the lines. We tried to get him to drink some beers with us, but he informed us he would loose his license if got caught drinking.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Before I answer let me know when you'll be going and how many days you'll be gone ....and how much it will cost. Then I can tell ya for sure.

Crums

Not sure yet, need to find out if Ted is going to go this year which will effect the cost.

I'm guessing the begining of May, usually runs 2-300 for the weekend (including cabin and charter).

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
I will have to pass. May weekends are going to be full. I have to work one of them and I have two others to get the boat ready and the boat club for the season. The boat club is in total disarray. The flood left a ton of trash there so I'm sure we'll have multiple working weekends there. Not fun but it's got to be done before the boating fun can start.