Are You Planning on Boating the 4th....

Bamby

It seems it's going to be a busy boating weekend for us anyway. A lot of folks are planning on cutting loose and a lot of activity is planned for the weekend and everything is accessible by boat. If everything comes together as planned it's going to be a somewhat busy, but enjoyable weekend on the water with our river friends. I'm going to haft to watch myself and use some restraint with the :alc: to insure I stay sober enough to legally and safely operate the boat.

We have a lot of preparations to make (jello shots for one) and gathering some not normally carried on the boat things to hopefully make the weekend more festive and enjoyable for all concerned. Maybe this is the biggest thing I love about our houseboat, should I happen to have a bit to much :drink: fun anywhere I have everything needed to stay and sober up along with me. Our floating camper really does work out well for our needs. :thumb:

Here's :cheers: to all of you also having a safe enjoyable and memorial 4th of July weekend also.

bdavis

We should be out at camp for the long weekend. We recently set our campsite up with a huge floating dock we tie off to the shore when not in use. On a hot afternoon, we load up the dock with kids, adults, and lawnchairs and haul it out in the middle of the lake. The kids have a great time jumping off into the deep water. The dock measures 16ft x 32ft. It used to be used by the firefighters. They had two of them. One had 3x12" planks and was used for landing choppers on to offload crews and load up supplies. The dock we now have was the one they used to pile up the equipment on while awaiting for the chopper to land.