Boat Camping and Exploration

Bamby

Story I wrote on Boat Camping:

This is one of our favorite ways and opportunities to see and experience new frontiers. We often set aside a least a few weekends each year for just such exploration and adventures. Often we'll see or maybe hear about new and interesting places and want to experience them for ourselves. Sometimes it seems that half the fun of the entire adventure is often spent on our computers researching about potential new waters to visit and explore for ourselves. Though we really do love to visit the lakes and reservoirs that are within reasonable driving distance of our home, we've really become attached and attracted to the rivers in our area. The rivers just seem to be more majestic with a sort of magical qualities that is really difficult to truly express or explain let alone put into words here.

Rest of Story Here:
http://blog.pontoonhouseboatodyssey...exploring-from-the-comforts-of-your-boat.aspx

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Good stuff Bamby. We enjoy much the same thing and are so looking forward to our overnighters on the river.
Did you get Overton's to pay for an ad on your site? If so, how?
Any chance of putting a link for NBT & FF on your site? I have the small logo's like I show on www.dothq.com

Good blog you got there.

Bamby

menupop.gif
menupop.gif
This group of people spent the weekend camping on the river this weekend. I had the opportunity to meet and talk to them Sunday morning. They seemed to be a nice friendly folks that were just out cruising the river and having a real good time doing it. Though I never got a good headcount on the group, it seemed as if people kept popping up from under the tarps they'd used as makeshift tents on all the boats. I enjoyed seeing them roughing it, with such limited resources and bathing in the river without anyone seemingly begrudging the fact. And as a added bonus when they pulled out, there was no trace left but some footprints in the sand.

pontoon boat campers.JPG

pontoon boat campers 01.JPG

MattWill

Banned
menupop.gif
menupop.gif
This group of people spent the weekend camping on the river this weekend. I had the opportunity to meet and talk to them Sunday morning. They seemed to be a nice friendly folks that were just out cruising the river and having a real good time doing it. Though I never got a good headcount on the group, it seemed as if people kept popping up from under the tarps they'd used as makeshift tents on all the boats. I enjoyed seeing them roughing it, with such limited resources and bathing in the river without anyone seemingly begrudging the fact. And as a added bonus when they pulled out, there was no trace left but some footprints in the sand.

Thant looks very entertaining,specially on a weekend.

Can you please tell me the location?

Bamby

Sure MattWill,

The photo was taken on the Muskingum River which starts just above Zanesville Oh. and flows more or less south to Marietta Oh. where it empties into the Ohio River. The river is navigational by boats for more or less about 100 miles. The sandbar itself is located in the Rokeby Pool of the above river. There is more information and a link to many more photos taken on the river on this Blog Page.