I broke down and let my son use 2 of our Jet Skis once...mistake!

Bruno

Just how much damage can your own son do to your skis in 2 hours anyway? How about this; major dings, scuffs, marks and a hole in the top of one ski, the side ripped out of the other ski, one impeller destroyed by gravel, ran one ski out of oil for the 2 stroke injection, smashed the trailer on a post tearing off one wheel, twisting the trailer frame and putting a gash down the entire length of that ski. On top of all of that, he left everything turned on and ruined the batteries I just put in them that morning. :furious:

To top it off, it looks like he took my Excursion mudding on the way home and brought both skis home completely empty when I stressed that they needed to fill the skis on the way home like I always do. They also must have flipped one of the skis several times and never pulled the drain plug either. So, in the two weeks it took for me to cool down enough to start fixing things I found all sorts of mold and corrosion under the seat in that ski. Barring any additional nasty surprises, it looks like it's going to cost me about $2500 for my son and his friends hour and a half day out on the skis.

He hasn't offered to help pay for any of the damage or even help me make any of the repairs. My wife can't understand why I'm so pissed at him. On top of all of this, I discovered that he spent the money I gave him for oil changes for the brand new Honda Element I bought him 2 years ago on beer and whatever. It now has just over 12,500 miles on it and has never had the oil & filter changed nor the tires rotated.

This is Sunday as I write this. He left last Wednesday saying that he was going to a friend's house. Friday my wife finally got him to answer his cell phone (that I pay for) and he said he decided that he "and some friends" decided to go to the beach and will be back next week. :angry::angry: Anybody see a reason I shouldn't take his car away from him and sell it to help to pay for the damages he's done? What is it that they say; I'm tired of being the statue and it's time to become the pigeon?