Mercury University to go online

waybomb

I'd rather be blown
Boating Industry
Tuesday April 29, 2008

FOND DU LAC, Wis. – Mercury University, which provides comprehensive technical and non-technical training to more than 5,000 dealers and partners, will soon offer online training, the company reported in a release yesterday.

Beginning in late summer 2008, Mercury Marine dealers and partners in the United States and Canada can complete training courses and register for classroom courses online. The new online learning system will be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Mercury says the online training will not only make learning more accessible, but also make testing more convenient. When students complete an online course, they will have the option to take an online test. The results of the test are immediately available to the user and are recorded in the individual’s learning history, which is viewable by that person and his or her supervisor.

“Our dealers are critical to our success,” said Brad Weber, director of Field Service Development and Operations. “When they voiced a need for an online learning system, we listened and made the required investment. The ability to complete online courses and tests will be of great benefit to the dealer. No longer are they limited to the business hours of Mercury University. Management at the dealerships can be much more informed and reactive to the learning needs of their employees.”

Mercury said it has selected Plateau Systems, a provider of talent management software, content and services, to deliver and host its learning-management system after an extensive search.

Mercury University will utilize Plateau’s iContent solution to manage, deliver and track all its training content across its partners and dealer ecosystem. Through this content-as-a-service offering, dealers and partners will have access to Mercury University’s training content anytime, anywhere in a secure, hosted environment.

“We understand that dealers and partners are critical to a company’s business,” said Paul Sparta, chairman and CEO of Plateau, “and by giving Mercury University the tools and technology to train and test their business partners, regardless of location, time or online status, they can be confident their company’s reputation and products continue to be the best in the industry.”

waybomb

I'd rather be blown
I'd like to know how to take part of some of that training. I'd be interested in their inboard HP stuff and racing outdrives courses.