BT - Different questions

waybomb

I'd rather be blown
I <may> have a killer deal for a 1988 3807 Carver Aft Cabin. The boat has been sitting under shrink wrap, winterized, for two+ years. The owners are in $$ trouble, and their bank is dealing.

1988 Carver Aft Cabin, 330 hp Crusaders, indiacted at about 400 hours. I've checked just about everything out, and everything seems to have been working prior to layup. The engines all turn smoothly by wrench, and using the wrench, compression is there. The waste water tank is empty, as is fresh water. Fuel seems full, and I am guessing bad.

So here's the question - if you were givin the boat to make ready, what would you do and what would you charge.

I need to replace all the canvas and bridge upholstery. I figure $10,000 covers that.

Need to restore the gel coat, boot stripes, bottom paint.

Engines, transmissions and genset - all fluid changes, hose replacement, tune ups, belts, rebuild carbs.

Remove all fuel, replace all fuel hoses, clean out all hard pipe. While tanks empty, open them up and look inside. May need cleaning.

Batteries

Strut bearings, shaft seals (maybe install dripless while I have the shafts pulled), rudder seals.

Prop tune up - propscan.

Complete bilge clean (though it is very clean now)

And then I need contingency for stuck gages, replace some if not all the electronics (Radar, depth finders (dual station), floscan is an older analog, Autopilot, VHFs, am/fm/cds, etc.

Appliances seem in great shape. Interior is clean, but we would scrub her top to bottom.

So, looking at all of this, including the canvas and bridge upholstery, I figure a reasonable offer would be average actual past 6 months sales prices, minus $40,000, assumng a yard does all the work. My wife and I would do it all, but heck, we should make money on our labor too!

Seem about right?

My wife is all excited because I could still keep my go fast and she would have something we could go on long trips with. We've been boating since 88, know boats well, and this boat seems to have been a well cared for boat, layed-up correctly (the yard does have a great rep, and we used to store our 28' Carver there) but sitting for too long. But of course, there are unknowns.