I went boating last Friday May 7th.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
What a nice day it was. 87 degrees, rather windy so we had some chop on the water ...but a sunny beautiful day overall.
This was my first fun boat ride of the season. My true first ride was when we tested out the boat that my daughter and SIL bought. This time we were out in the same boat (a Four Winns 200 Horizon) giving it a good break in. All went well once we bought a new battery for it. A proper introduction to boating for my SIL ...a 100 unexpected charge. :bonk: That's how she goes. Gotta pay to play. :D

Let us know when your first day on the water happens.

waybomb

I'd rather be blown
I went out too. To find a deep enough path to our slips. The best I could find was 3 ft depth. Sure hope the lake comes up soon, or we get a bunch of rain so the sand gets washed out to the lake.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
That sucks Fred. I bet you need at least 3 1/2 ft for Plain Vanilla don't ya? Is this a yearly thing or what?

waybomb

I'd rather be blown
Yup, 42" with middle drive up. We had to dredge and repair our collapsed sea wall 3 years ago. Between the two, over $140,000 in work. The river is brutal. I'm fairly confident the sand will wash out. If not, well, I have my little drag boat, a jetski, and my antique Glaspar, and lotsa freinds that owe me favors with go-fast boats..... The yacht club next door just acquired a dredger, but no dredging can be done between 15MAY and the end of July so the fish can spawn, like they would come anywhere near a dredger anyway! So even if the sand does not go away, the Yacht Club will dredge our area as needed next year and beyond. We do have a 99 year permit for 2000 yards of dredging per year, so that makes it a bit easier.