Bilge Issues on a 2022 Chaparral 21 SSI

JWH

With the boat level on the boat lift, the water in the bilge collects in the middle of the boat rather than in the area at the stern of the boat where the bilge pump is located. It is not a lot of water. However, every time I use the quick drain to remove the water around the heat exchanger, the water hits the bilge and runs under the gas tank toward the middle of the boat. I like a dry bilge, especially during the winter, so if you have any suggestions on how to remove the water from the bilge in the middle of the boat under the gas tank or get the water to run toward the stern, please let me know.

Thank you in advance for you help!

Regards,
john

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Can you adjust the lift so the stern is lower then the bow? That is what I would try first.

JWH

Can you adjust the lift so the stern is lower then the bow? That is what I would try first.
Thank you! Lowering the stern on the lift so it sits about 1 inch lower is the first item on the list of things to try. The boat lift install manual states that the lift should be level, but I do not think a slight downward slope to the stern would cause a problem.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Are there adjustments as to how the boat sets on the lift. I understand that the lift should be level, but there should be adjustments as to how the boat sits on the lift.