hello guys,newby here

mla2ofus

I'm a member of doc's other forums and just bought a '98 Landau cruise 24 w/ force 90 HP. Took it out for the first time today and really enjoyed it. I think this will make our fishing more enjoyable.
I have one question about the Force in that if I let idle in forward for 10 -15 minutes, an alarm goes off in the shift control. I checked to be sure it was pumping lots of water and it was. Shut it down and raised lower unit to check water inlets and they were all clear. Lowered it back down and restarted it. Alarm was still going and after a couple of min. it shut off. Did the same thing later w/ it idling in forward. Anyone know what causes this?
TIA,
Mike

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Hey Mike Welcome to Net Boat Talk. I'm glad you came on over. :D
Congrats on your new boat. I'm sure it will make fishing more enjoyable.
I have a warning alarm on my Baja that goes off when my gear lube fluid is low. I wonder if it might be that type of alarm on yours? :confused:

mla2ofus

:D

I have a warning alarm on my Baja that goes off when my gear lube fluid is low. I wonder if it might be that type of alarm on yours? :confused:
Thanks,Doc. I talked to the guy I bought it from this AM He wasn't sure about it either. Since it only does it at idle in forward, I'm wondering if it sets off the high temp alarm because the engine is working slightly w/ minimal water flow. That's the only time it goes off. It has a new lower unit complete w/ water pump so I'm sure the pump is OK.
Thanks for the welcome guys and I'll be in here regularly.
Mike