Labor day weekend

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Yesterday was a perfect boating day. Today ...not so much. Cooler and raining. Bla.
Tomorrow should be another perfect day but we are twiddling thumbs today ...then a cookout later tonight.

What are you doing this holiday weekend?

willbaker13

We went out yesterday as we try to avoid the actual "holiday" day as it gets crowded and people get crazy. Ended up being on the water only a couple hours as the craziness started early...Not to mention I had to travel today for work :(

Reactions: Doc

unplugged

We set off from St Clair Shores on Friday and cruised up the Huron River into Lake Huron. Slipped in Port Sanilac for a few days and then headed back south and cruised up the Black River to the Bridge Harbor Marina. Friday evening, Lake Huron was absolutely glass, but was a bit rough today with the wind. Was a perfect weekend, but could’ve been a bit warmer. Lol

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
We set off from St Clair Shores on Friday and cruised up the Huron River into Lake Huron. Slipped in Port Sanilac for a few days and then headed back south and cruised up the Black River to the Bridge Harbor Marina. Friday evening, Lake Huron was absolutely glass, but was a bit rough today with the wind. Was a perfect weekend, but could’ve been a bit warmer. Lol
That sounds awesome. We visited the east side of Lake Huron a couple years ago. Beautiful.

Y'all make me feel lucky to live in the sticks, on the mighty Ohio river where it is not jam packed with boaters nor with patrol. We were out all day yesterday and since today will be nice we have extended our boating weekend and plan to be out most of today. Today I'm sure we will have the river to ourselves. :D

unplugged

There was very little traffic on the water the entire weekend. I’m guessing the lower temps scared everyone away lol

ThumbsUp

Saturday was too windy with 3-4 footers on Saginaw Bay.. Sunny mid 70's but 18 mph westerly winds all day Sunday, found a protected cove in Wild Fowl Bay to have lunch in. Went out again for the sunset but got tossed around by 3-4 footers again. Wind picked up to 20's so Monday no boating. Camping was great in our protected lagoon. Sorry to see a great season winding down...

ThumbsUp

Saginaw Bay Sunday night

Attachments

• 20210905_200016.jpg
    20210905_200016.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 89

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
One of the nicest things about The Great Lakes is they are never crowded.
Bridge Harbor Marina, spent the night there a couple of week-ends ago.

ThumbsUp

One of the nicest things about The Great Lakes is they are never crowded.
Bridge Harbor Marina, spent the night there a couple of week-ends ago.
Nice Marina, Port Huron is a great bustling boat town. Great lakes are "Great" but they can kick the crap out of you if your not careful. Labor Day weekend, on the hook swimming on the North Shore of Sand Point, we knew there was a weather window but it came up faster and for the first time I ran WOT to get back to dock 10 miles away! I use BoatUS app to watch the weather bouys, windfinder app and marine weather to avoid getting caught!

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
I'm kind of old school, before we had all the new electronics. I look at the clouds, check the color, see which way they are moving, and then make a decision as to what I want to do. My past experience has taught my, that if the air feels like someone has opened the refrigerator door, you have about 20 minutes to run and hide.