Launch Day!

unplugged

Bittersweet..... between the hoist and my slip, the starboard engine nearly overheated. I’ve been dying to get out on the water and now have to wait another couple weeks before I can get the impellers replaced. I hope this isn’t a hint to how our season is gonna go! ?

Attachments

• IMG_7493.mov
    3.4 MB

Phillbo

I'm curious why you wait until your launch to do your annual maintenance? Seams to me it would be easier and more convenient to complete it while on the hard.

unplugged

Impellers were done last year. They weren’t due until next season. All of my maintenance and repairs were completed over the winter. This is just one of those unfortunate times....

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
That is unusual. I've went 3 years between changes but hate to chance it so now I change impellers every two years. To have one go after just one year you must've sucked some trash into it to tear off some of the fins. At least you caught it early in season, and before any damage was done.

unplugged

That is unusual. I've went 3 years between changes but hate to chance it so now I change impellers every two years. To have one go after just one year you must've sucked some trash into it to tear off some of the fins. At least you caught it early in season, and before any damage was done.
Unusual indeed. To say I’m a little bummed out would be an understatement. I ordered new kits for both engines last night and decided to just go ahead replace them Saturday.

Reactions: Doc

unplugged

Starboard impeller wasn’t riding on the housing wall and therefore not pushing water through the cooling system. Did both engines, took maybe 1.5hrs start to finish. I’m floored how fast they failed.

Attachments

• ACD02248-241B-4A51-9389-8ED3B797C887.jpeg
    ACD02248-241B-4A51-9389-8ED3B797C887.jpeg
    1,014.3 KB · Views: 70
  • F3C49A70-366F-403D-8DC4-DBDE83C08379.jpeg
    F3C49A70-366F-403D-8DC4-DBDE83C08379.jpeg
    794.1 KB · Views: 74
  • Wow
Reactions: Doc