Looking for a 1968 15ft Mark Twain run about

jsather007

Sort of a coincidence. Don't have a 1968, but I have a 1984 16ft Mark Twain I'll be selling in the spring. She was a little water logged when I picked her up, I'm replacing foam etc.... And yes, I also bought this through an online action just like my Chaparral. :) After Covid hit, these deals are no longer around. Prices skyrocketed on used boats of ANY condition.

What are you looking to do with a 68 Denny?

1984MarkTwain160BR_3.png

Reactions: Doc

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Sort of a coincidence. Don't have a 1968, but I have a 1984 16ft Mark Twain I'll be selling in the spring. She was a little water logged when I picked her up, I'm replacing foam etc.... And yes, I also bought this through an online action just like my Chaparral. :) After Covid hit, these deals are no longer around. Prices skyrocketed on used boats of ANY condition.

What are you looking to do with a 68 Denny?

View attachment 906
Pretty girl.
It was my 1st fiber glass boat. I bought it new in 67 and had to sell it in 71.
Just thought it would be neat to restore one, that was not a basket case.
It was a fun boat, it had a 110 Merc, and did 48mph. Which was fast at that time, considering that, that was the biggest motor that Merc made at that time, then they came out with a135hp.
test076.jpg
test076.jpg
test078.jpg

Reactions: Doc

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Cool old pics!

If you are on Facebook I'd suggest getting into the Mark Twain group on there. It is pretty active. More than 700 members, private group.

Mark Twain Facebook Group
Thanks, I don't do Facebook, from what I have seen they are collectable. If I am meant to have one, it will pop up. I will look into the Facebook group, thanks again for the info.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
You know that the only thing that works on an old boat is the owner.......
It is called a labor of love, or too much time on your hands, or just a reason to get out of the house, before you get yourself into trouble.:giggle: