Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Hello, I am Denny another Chaparral owner that is looking for more then the Chap. Forum has to offer.
I have had my 1985 XLC 235 trailer queen since 1992

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Hello, I am Denny another Chaparral owner that is looking for more then the Chap. Forum has to offer.
I have had my 1985 XLC 235 trailer queen since 1992
Welcome Denny. Great to see you here and posting. Woo hoo.
I love the 235 size. Mine was an 1989 Baja. Loved that boat. And in the 80's the swim platform was not figured into the length so it was equivalent to what is considered a 25ft boat now days. Easy to trailer but enough size for the family and a couple friends to have a great day on the water.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Yes the 80's was a great era. Boats had their own identity, and you did not have to look at a name tag to tell which one it was. Plus if you were familiar with the area, you knew who owned it. Denny.

Reactions: Doc

drewm3i

Yes, and I still have my girl. :smile:
Nice! I was up in your neck of the woods (Lake Michigan and Lake Superior) with mine a few weeks back! I posted threads on iboats and THT, but maybe I'll do it here as well. I miss the Chap crew!

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Great, you had a chance to experience our miniature fresh water Oceans. Lake Superior is so diverse, and the Canadian side is untouched.
By all means please post some photos.
IMG_3217.JPG

drewm3i

Great, you had a chance to experience our miniature fresh water Oceans. Lake Superior is so diverse, and the Canadian side is untouched.
By all means please post some photos.View attachment 1844
What's your email? I will send you the link to the posts on the other forums so I don't have to repost them here (too much work...) :D

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
A number of years ago my one son and I spent 28 days and 3,500 miles trailering and launching around all of the Great Lakes.
It was our version of the Great Loop. And still did not come close to seeing all of it. What was neat, was we were able to experience the land and water version, at the same time.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Nice! I was up in your neck of the woods (Lake Michigan and Lake Superior) with mine a few weeks back! I posted threads on iboats and THT, but maybe I'll do it here as well. I miss the Chap crew!
I miss the Chap crew! Look at it this way. Quality over quantity