Peace Bridge-Waiting to Enter

SST

It's so cold up here. Typical climate change weather pattern. Warm and sunny I April and cold and rainy in May. Anyways, me and many people are out walking, biking(me) or kayaking race teams in the water before then the round of cold and rain. 30's.

This photo is on the same jetty but beyond the bridge. Heavy winds and pounding waves modified it a little bit.

IMG_2612.JPG

This picture is the Peace Bridge. I'm standing on the jetty that creates the Black Rock Canal(Erie Canal) on the left, Niagara River on the right, Canada on the far right and Lake Erie beyond the bridge.

IMG_2611.JPG

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Unusual weather patter here also. Latest snow I've ever seen April 22nd. This week high in the 50's lows in the 30's. Crazy. Hoping this pattern moves along and we get some warmer weather. I hope to boat the weekend before Memorial day. That is our normal kick off for the boating season here.

SST

We seem to be in a new stretch of nice weather. Mostly sunny and upper 60's into the 70's later on. Maybe put the boat in next week.

I have a new neighbor this year. I am curious to see what boat he'll bring to the slip. I hope it's not oversized and its length is less then the finger it is tied to. The marina opens this weekend and with good weather I'll have to spy a little bit before I launch.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
I was hoping to put in this weekend but not looking good. Wedding Saturday then rain on Sunday. Bla. Maybe the following weekend will work out.

SST

What I actually meant was, I hope not an oversized boat LONGER than the finger it's tied to.