Pictures of your boats

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
The one you own or used to own or want to own. Pics of boats are always good.

This is my 2003 288 Sunsation MCOB (Mid Cabin Open Bow). 496 HO 425hp. Sweet ride.

SunsationCrusing1.jpg

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Nice! Looks like a real stable ride. I have always loved that older cigarette look. Denny.

Reactions: Doc

Sandbar

We Canadians pay a lot of money to find a sandy beach like that in January ... luckily we have lots of them in the summer ?
D6406C18-235B-4AAE-8291-1AB9A0B32A6A.jpeg

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Looks like fun Sandbar. Water must drop off fast to be able to tie like that so close to the beach.

Sandbar

Looks like fun Sandbar. Water must drop off fast to be able to tie like that so close to the beach.
Actually it does drop off quickly. You may notice the floating ramp attached to my swim ladder. We use it so that we don’t have to disembark in waist-deep water. We are fortunate here. About 3-4 feet from the stern it’s well over 6’ deep...and all beautiful sand. No rocks, sticks, clams or mud. Most of the beaches on our section of the Ottawa river are like that so we can always back in and tie off.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Actually it does drop off quickly. You may notice the floating ramp attached to my swim ladder. We use it so that we don’t have to disembark in waist-deep water. We are fortunate here. About 3-4 feet from the stern it’s well over 6’ deep...and all beautiful sand. No rocks, sticks, clams or mud. Most of the beaches on our section of the Ottawa river are like that so we can always back in and tie off.
Very fortunate. Lucky ducks. Our sand beaches have way to many rocks but we make the best of it, but we mostly do tie ups on anchor or just floatin along. Both are fun.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Wow Iggy. That is some boat. Tell me about it please. What size is it? Diesel power or what? Very nice!!!!!

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
This little guy allows me to get places that my girl can only get me to.
You have to love Canada. Denny.
IMG_2158.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1896.JPG
    IMG_1896.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 114

SST

I'm getting more impressed with this website. You took a video file straight from my PC so I don't have to bother with YouTube! YEAH!

This is my 2012 F150 pulling my 1987 Chap to be launched.

Attachments

• IMG_1458.mov
    4 MB

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
I had to check out the Ottawa River on Google Maps. Wow. Very nice sized river.. I am on the Ohio River. 45 miles of cruising between damns. Once or twice a season we lock through and go upriver towards Pittsburgh or downriver to Cincinnati. Is the Ottawa similar with damns and such where you to lock through to go real far?

Iggy

Wow Iggy. That is some boat. Tell me about it please. What size is it? Diesel power or what? Very nice!!!!!
Its a Pacific Trawler 40. Single screw diesel with a diesel genset. She's a 40 footer with a 12.5 beam. Top speed 14 knots and cruise at 10 knots with a bow thruster. It was a 3000 watt inverter/charger built into the electrical system. So underway I has A.C. power without running the genset. That blue thing on the roof is the inflatable and the davit system is a crane. It can be lowered from ether side, port or starboard.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
I love the older girls, when you see them going down the water, they have something to say.
She should put a smile on your face every time you are going to be with her, I know that mine does.
The new boats today are like cars, if you pull the name plates off them, you don't know who built them, they have lost their identity. Denny.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Its a Pacific Trawler 40. Single screw diesel with a diesel genset. She's a 40 footer with a 12.5 beam. Top speed 14 knots and cruise at 10 knots with a bow thruster. It was a 3000 watt inverter/charger built into the electrical system. So underway I has A.C. power without running the genset. That blue thing on the roof is the inflatable and the davit system is a crane. It can be lowered from ether side, port or starboard.
Very very nice. Where bouts is your home port. Do you travel from from home on that baby?

I made your image full size.

Iggy

Very very nice. Where bouts is your home port. Do you travel from from home on that baby?

I made your image full size.
Home port is just north of Boston. We mainly take the car to the slip. But sometimes if we need to go home, we take the inflatable and walk 2 blocks. Thanks for making it bigger!

The thing is, we like to go places. Most of the time with other boaters and their boats are no faster. But now we can carry more food and water. Plus with the genset and solar system power is no longer a problem.