Post a *PIC* of your latest purchase...

jsather007

I stole this idea from another forum (that stole it from another forum)... but it's a cool way to share. It is by far one of the most popular threads.

Post a pic of whatever your latest buy is you are proud of.
Does not have to be boating related in any way. Craigslist find, garage sale treasure, boat upgrade item, new pants....whatever :) You get the idea.

Request, delete the original "pic" from your comments. Just note the original poster's name. We don't need 25 repeat pictures in our replies of someone's new boat fender covers.

I'll get us started.

Upgrading the old girl with dual batteries, just got the switch in the mail. No more worrying about draining the battery while pumping up tubes and water toys for the kids.

20210201_112621.jpg

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Last month I got a deal on this 2015 Kubota 3 cyl diesel RTV x1100c. It has heat and a/c. Up till then I had to use an open cab all winter and it sure got COLD. This puppy keeps me warm and will traverse the hills and valleys of my property like a champ.

6.jpg

jsather007

I bought a new Main Canopy today.... I'm digging the colors! You won't be able to miss me in the landing pattern!!!!View attachment 916
You skydive? I'm jealous. I have 5 jumps in my life and had a few thousand dollars saved up in my 20's to get licensed/certified (?), then my car blew up and I had to spend the cash on that. Then marriage and kids and more excuses got in the way. My last jump was the day before 9/11. You know that rush you feel for days after a jump when you first start? Well, that went away real quick the next morning as I watched 9/11 unfold.

Reactions: Doc

Phillbo

I hear ya about life getting in the way. I got out of the sport about 5 years ago simply because I was too busy to dedicate the time needed to stay current and safe. A couple buddies decided to get back into it about 8 months ago so i took the leap again and got my knees back in the breeze....

To link it back to boating myself and a friend did a bandit jump at lake powell once. A group of our friends had rented a house boat for a week and we could not join them until a couple days into the trip so instead of taking my boat and cruising up to the beach they gave us the GPS coordinates and we jumped in :)

jsather007

Nothing fun, but I lost a bushing on my winch last year and it tore up the gear pretty good. The two speed with be a nice addition. It has a brake too, I'm not sure how useful that will be for me......

20210204_112656.jpg

Reactions: Doc

Iggy

Never seen and anchor like that. Where do you boat Iggy? Whast size boat will you use that on?
Thats a Rocna. Rocna.com

Its conceded one of the best anchors you can buy. Unlike a fluke or a fortress, if the wind does a 180 it will not pull out.

I boat in and around Boston Harbor. I have 38 foot trawler.

willbaker13

What is the mix on the pups?

Rocna is a fine anchor, you will be happy!
Our local Boxer rescue believes they are Boxer and Lab. We lost one of our Boxers that we had for 10 years right before x-mas due to cancer and my wife feels our other Boxer (a rescue herself) needs a playmate.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Needed something to hold my fishing poles, no one made anything that would fit my girl.
So with some help from Scotty I made my own, no holes drilled, and removeable when not needed.

Sorry for the over sized pictures, don't know how that happened.
IMG_9775.JPG
IMG_9776.JPG

jsather007

My SteadyPass speed control came today!! Very excited about this project, it will be a game changer for wakeboarding behind my carbureted Chaparral. Now I just need those temps to start moving in the right direction so I can get it out of storage and get to work on it.

I plan on doing some sort of write up on the install, maybe a video as well.

20210208_125818.jpg

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
My SteadyPass speed control came today!! Very excited about this project, it will be a game changer for wakeboarding behind my carbureted Chaparral. Now I just need those temps to start moving in the right direction so I can get it out of storage and get to work on it.

I plan on doing some sort of write up on the install, maybe a video as well.

View attachment 931
How does it work?

Iggy

I wondered the same thing. So I down loaded the manual, I really don't understand the need. But, than I don't wake board.