Post a *PIC* of your latest purchase...

jsather007

I just bought the same speakers. Along with a new VHF and a Simrad MFD.
What are you going to do to control the LED color and possible modes?

I'm torn. I can wire it for one color for free. Use the Kicker controller. Or an off brand one. It works on a standard RGB protocol so any controller should work I guess.

Btw, the best price I found for the Kicker brand was on Amazon. Kicker 41KMLC Marine LED Controller

Iggy

What are you going to do to control the LED color and possible modes?

I'm torn. I can wire it for one color for free. Use the Kicker controller. Or an off brand one. It works on a standard RGB protocol so any controller should work I guess.

Btw, the best price I found for the Kicker brand was on Amazon. Kicker 41KMLC Marine LED Controller
I have not given that any thought. I really bought the speakers for there sound quality and the 8" ones for deeper bass. Right now there are 6 1/2 speakers were there going. I have a roto zip tool so I need to cut 3/4" more.

Now that you brought it up, I down loaded the manual. What I may do is tie them into the curtesy/accent lighting for power and just use blue since that the same color as the rest of the lights. I could put a switch in to change colors but thats not on the top of my list. I have too many other projects right now that I need to complete before the boat goes in the water this spring.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Weather is going to be in the 50's finally mid week. I plan to pull this baby home on Weds. :D

View attachment 988
Sad to say I made the trip to Missouri but came home without the boat. The pics looked great. The boat up close had so many issues I had to walk away. It was tough but the right call for me. Plenty of time to find something before summer but I think I'll sell my pontoon first. so I can spend more on the replacement.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Sounds like one that was road hard and put away wet. being around boats, I see a lot of that. Up here I see a lot of boats that set all winter with no covering on them, so sad. No worries, the right boat will come along when the time is right. Stay positive.

Reactions: Doc

Zoomnbyu

It is my latest purchase...

20201003_100255.jpg

Paulswagelock

No new boat this year, new place to spend the night at the boat instead. Now I need warm weather so my new spot can get leveled and this cottage can be delivered.

Attachments

• 92BFD951-E609-4201-B30D-D1E5AAD6100A.jpeg
    92BFD951-E609-4201-B30D-D1E5AAD6100A.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 100
Last edited:

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
I'd love to have a lift for when the boat is not in use.. The crud that accumulates on the bottom when the boat is tied to the dock is so gross and tough to remove.

Iggy

I'd love to have a lift for when the boat is not in use.. The crud that accumulates on the bottom when the boat is tied to the dock is so gross and tough to remove.
But thats what bottom paint is for, yes? :pat:

• Haha

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
But thats what bottom paint is for, yes? :pat:
yes, you could use bottom paint for that but I won't. It slows ya down. I prefer taking the boat out of water after a weekend of fun and wiping her bottom good. Works for me.

Iggy

yes, you could use bottom paint for that but I won't. It slows ya down. I prefer taking the boat out of water after a weekend of fun and wiping her bottom good. Works for me.
Just having fun with you. I use bottom paint all the time. To loose 1 to 2 KPH is worth not having the growth and cleaning for me. Plus it protects the bottom from blistering. As they say, there is more than one way to do things.