Shrink Rap

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
By Amanda Wendecker
/
0 Comments
/
News

A GLOBAL LEADER IN SHRINK WRAP CALLS FOR MARINAS & BOAT OWNERS TO RECYCLE THEIR USED SHRINK WRAP​

M anistee, Michigan – Dr. Shrink, Inc. is one of the largest suppliers of shrink wrap across the globe, and while offering premium and high-quality products, recycling of used shrink wrap continues to be a top priority for this global leader.
“Taking care of our environment that we, as boat owners and outdoor recreation enthusiasts, all enjoy, should be a top priority,” says Mike Stenberg, President & Founder of Dr. Shrink, Inc. “With a little bit of effort and education, we can all do our part and recycle our old, used shrink wrap for free or very little cost.”
All of Dr. Shrink’s film is 100% virgin resin made of #4 Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE). This is one of the most common plastic materials available, and its recycled contents is frequently used in plastic lumber, construction sheeting, and garbage bags. Many boat owners think of our shrink wrap as a “plastic bag” which is not commonly recycled at your local recycling center, however, our material is different.
To start, pick up the phone and contact your local recycling center and ask them if they will accept “#4 LDPE plastic sheeting”. Some locations may require you to provide documentation, and Dr. Shrink is happy to help; you can access specification documents online at: dr-shrink.com/recycling, or you can email us at: recycle@dr-shrink.com and we will be more than happy to assist. From there, remember to: Keep it C.0.0.L. To ensure your wrap is accepted at the local recycling center, be sure it is clean, has zero accessories (such as strapping, buckles, vents, or zipper doors), has zero moisture and is dry, and finally, is loosely packed for easily handling and sorting when it arrives at the local recycling center.
Recycling and environmental stewardship is not a new concept to Dr. Shrink, they have pioneered a number of recycling programs throughout the country.
“We have created a comprehensive recycling program in our home State of Michigan, and its 20+ years of success is one of our proudest accomplishments as a company.” says Stenberg, “Our goal each and every year is to continue to build upon our program, and this year, we are hoping to expand our efforts across the entire country.”
Dr. Shrink currently partners with the Michigan Recycling Coalition (MRC) and Bay Area Recycling for Charities (BARC) to keep used shrink wrap out of area landfills each and every year.
If you are a marina owner, or a boat owner, and are interested in learning more about recycling, reach out to Dr. Shrink who can assist you in any way.
Dr. Shrink, Inc. was founded in 1992, by Mike Stenberg in Manistee, Michigan, as a one-man operation in his home. It has since grown into a 15+ employee international corporation that distributes its products on 6 continents across the world. Dr. Shrink, Inc. is located in Manistee’s Industrial Park at 315 Washington Street.

cyclops2

How can such bulky, labor intensive, space consuming shapes be profitable ? Sounds like a massive industry wants to be " Not so bad. " now.

I never shrinked wrap in 70 years. I used a reusable winter boat cover with a simple wood supporting frame.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
How can such bulky, labor intensive, space consuming shapes be profitable ? Sounds like a massive industry wants to be " Not so bad. " now.

I never shrinked wrap in 70 years. I used a reusable winter boat cover with a simple wood supporting frame.
What is worse, shrink wrap or tires, both are difficult to dispose of? They both need a good after life purpose.

Reactions: Doc

cyclops2

I had read of desert states using ground up tires mixed in with road Asphalt. 20 to 30 years ago. it prevented the road from squashing down so much with heavy trucks.

Reactions: Doc