Who makes the best boat trailer?

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
i need a trailer for a 28 ft boat. Looks like I'll have to order a new trailer. Any recommendations for who makes the best boat trailer?

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
I've seen the ones with rollers but never on a 29 ft boat. They always make the bunk type trailer. I did find out that Phoenix makes trailers for the new sunsation boats, so I turned to them. Still waiting for a price though. No rush as I figure they are way to much for me to replace the current trailer. This trailer works but it's triple axle and it's shorter than most triple axle trailers so it floats a bit when trying to load the boat on. It will move from one side to another. A minor pain.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
New is always over priced. You might check the net for used, or have one built. There is a company in my area that builds trailers.
Do not understand when you say it floats.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
New is always over priced. You might check the net for used, or have one built. There is a company in my area that builds trailers.
Do not understand when you say it floats.
It is an aluminum trailer and it has six tires the two extra tires lift the trailer when it's underwater. I've looked at possibly adding weight or replacing trailer.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
If this trailer fits and works for your girl, I had a set of these made for my trailer. Know matter what angle she is to the trailer, she will always end up where she needs to be. The mounts are made to be bolted on. The square tubing slides over a peg, and then the PVC pipe over the tubing. I put the tubing and PVC pipes on when retrieving and remove them when trailering. (I think they look tacky when trailering and take away from the looks of my girl. IMO).
I researched on line, and compared to what I have, they are junk, you will need something strong, if you would elect to go this route. And it will be a whole lot cheaper then a new trailer. I believe my was around $300
IMG_8531.JPG
IMG_8538.JPG
IMG_8537.JPG
IMG_8533.JPG

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Thanks Denny. The whole reason I am considering another trailer is I'm not happy with this one. It was not make for my girl. It was made for a 32ft or bigger boat and modified to work with my boat. It suffices but if I could find another trailer reasonable I'd buy it and sell this one to someone with a bigger boat. At this point it seems like wishful thinking.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Denny. The whole reason I am considering another trailer is I'm not happy with this one. It was not make for my girl. It was made for a 32ft or bigger boat and modified to work with my boat. It suffices but if I could find another trailer reasonable I'd buy it and sell this one to someone with a bigger boat. At this point it seems like wishful thinking.
It is like your girl, it will be when the right one comes along.

Reactions: Doc