2021 Chaparral 21ssi Battery Diagram

ClassicTronTime

Howdy all,
I recently bought a 2021 21SSi and pulled the battery to charge it. Unfortunately I didn't pay close attention to cables were on which terminals and they are not harnessed together super clearly... Is anyone familiar with which terminal the wires go to? Honestly my big Q is on the two yellow cables. One runs to the battery switch and the other runs to the engine. When I initially connected it, I had a yellow on each terminal.. the boat started but I had no accessories. I swapped the yellows and the accessories worked, but I had now power to the engine. Are both yellows supposed to be on the positive terminal??

If anyone is familiar with this boat and can weigh in or share a picture I would greatly appreciate it!!!

Thanks,
P

Iggy

In boating, yellow is negative. Why? As not to be confused with 120V A.C. which is black. You mentioned that "One runs to the battery switch". Are you sure? Since it yellow, I would thing not. Only red wires should be going to the battery switch. Thats not to say that some one changes the wires? So be sure!

There is a book by Nigel Calder on boat wiring and a lot more. Very good reading!

Some boaters use wire ties and bundle the cables before removing them from the batteries.