Chaparral sunesta 232

bpatera

Hello- recently bought a 2002 sunesta and looking to replace stereo as, it’s got a CD player and original controller on the dash.

looking for recommendations on a head unit for the dash that has Bluetooth. However, I don’t know if the CD player has to be removed (in bathroom) or if I can just rewire the controller on the dash for a new head unit?

Thanks!

Iggy

I would look into Fusion Marine units. As to the CD unit, those are a thing of the past.

bpatera

Thanks! Where does the fusion unit mount? The CD player is in the bathroom which is inconvenient and there is an original controll panel on the dash which is outdated.

My hope is to mount the new unit in the dash somewhere.

Iggy

I don't know your boat! With that said, is the CD player the head unit?

You can mount the Fusion unit almost anywhere since it has a rating of IPX7. If the CD player is the head, than you will need to extend or move the speaker wires to the new location. Along with the power wires.

Or mount the Fusion unit in the head and use one of there remotes with a LCD screen. Some GPS units can act as a remote to the Fusion unit too. Like Simrad, Lowrance, Garmin and others.

cjm13905

Hello- recently bought a 2002 sunesta and looking to replace stereo as, it’s got a CD player and original controller on the dash.

looking for recommendations on a head unit for the dash that has Bluetooth. However, I don’t know if the CD player has to be removed (in bathroom) or if I can just rewire the controller on the dash for a new head unit?

Thanks!
I have a 2000 Sunesta.
My radio os far left on the dash and includes Radio and CD Unit, 1 unit.
Never use it.
Not sure what would be needed, but why not just get blue tooth, amp, connect to existing speakers and use your phone.

bpatera

I have a 2000 Sunesta.
My radio os far left on the dash and includes Radio and CD Unit, 1 unit.
Never use it.
Not sure what would be needed, but why not just get blue tooth, amp, connect to existing speakers and use your phone.
That’s my plan exactly. I’ve further explored and installing a Bluetooth head unit in place of the CD player which has a remote.