Ethanol going to 15% ?

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Don't they know what it is doing to your engines and hoses., along with all other types of engines. And not to mention the cost of Ethanol free gas, it is far from being free. Pay the price, or take your chances.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
I hope not. 15% would cripple our little boating community. Ethanol free is not available anywhere nearby.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Regan added that the agency will consider issuing a temporary emergency waiver to allow sales of E15 this summer. The EPA in March proposed a rule that would allow year-round sales of E15, fuel containing 15% ethanol, in the Midwestern states beginning in 2024.Apr 19, 2023

• Angry
Reactions: Doc

SST

I don't even see why they are trying to push this crap when this Admin is trying to push electric vehicles on us. I recall discussions about this in the old forum. My guess is the Corn Holers ASSociation.

SST

It was in the other forum where a Corn Growers Association member posted, "We have the right to sell our product." My response was, "You have the right to sell your product but you're forcing a product onto the market where nobody wants it but still has to pay for it."

We are getting screwed for a product that nobody wants. And you're telling me Corn Holers ASSociation isn't appropriate?

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
I talked with Star brite today and they said that this will protect you from the effects of ethanal. I have been using this since the beginning of time with every fill-up, 1900+ hrs. with no issues pertaining to fuel. Not sure if it works, or if just lucky.

shopping

SST

I was out riding my bike last night checking out everybody's Xmas lights and I was surprised to find a gas station that sells 90 octane Non-ethanol gas for $4.39/Gal. I was surprised to see this. If it's still available next season, I'll use it.

Iggy

I told myself that my next boat would be diesel. That took another 3 boats.

If you can, I would change over. One small thing about it, NO ignition system. No spark plugs or wires. No cap and rotor.

I went to France about 8 years ago and rented a diesel car. I thought it would run rougher that a gas engine and 0 to 60 would be a lot less. I was wrong! I could not tell the differences.

SST

Long ago, when I was in high school, I worked at a country club as a valet for parking cars. I got to drive a lot of different vehicles. Way back then, diesel cars that came in were load, rough and smokey [particulates were heavy unlike gasoline combustion]. The other annoying thing was having to turn the key and wait for the glow plugs[?] to reach a certain point before starting. I guess technology has improved since then.

Since that time, I learned never let a valet park my car. I will park the car myself and still tip the guy so I don't become a target.

Iggy

The newer engines, and mine is a Yanmar from 2001. It starts right up and no glow plugs needed. Runs very smooth. Than again, I never started it below 50 degrees.

The upside on the fuel itself. No corn, more power per gallon, less to maintain and less work to maintain. The engine will last 2 to 3 times longer. The engine will self polish the fuel. Meaning that about 25% of the fuel that enters the fuel filters goes back into the tank.

Down side, fuel cost more and algae came form in the fuel.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
There are no perfect answers, there are pros and cons for both. And with batteries comes a warning label not to put it in an enclosed building.
It is all about what you are willing to deal with on a personal level.
Not to mention , what all 3 do to our environment in one way or another, in either manufacturing and or use.