I love fall boating!!!

Phillbo

Our season has been in full swing for a few weeks.... No one on the lake but us and our friends.
20150523_101750.jpg

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
:clap:Great photo! Now you experience what I do on Lake Erie mid week. It is like having your own private lake.

SST

That’s how it looks on my end of Lake Erie also. Last Friday I was out. Gorgeous weather. Everyone else was out too enjoying what was likely the last night of good weather. I went down the east branch of the Niagara River and so did everyone else. More choppy than the lake. But on my way back I took the west branch and had it all to myself.

Phillbo

2012-05-26 13.38.15.jpg

Stuck in the slip for a couple days for some repairs and maintenance. Worst part about it is that the marina bar is closed for the season. They make the best Onion Rings in the world.... Chef told me once it's because they deep fry them in Quicksilver :)

SST

I hope to put mine in the water tomorrow just to run it around. Wish it was warm cuz it’s gonna be a bit chilly. Then change the oil. I will hold out one more week to winterize depending on the weather. Either way, the end is near.

Have fun. Don’t eat too many o-rings. Does he use synthetic (genetically modified) or regular (organic) oil? 😁 healthy eating is important. But sometimes boring.

SST

I was out yesterday which maybe the last time out. Kinda cold but it was nice. We entered Canada for several miles and then returned. Did not stop. We passed the Point Abino lighthouse and Sherkston beach. The lake was so nice as compared to the entire summer. I have some good videos but too big. But this pic will do until I gets them on YouTube.

IMG_1144.jpeg

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
I was out yesterday which maybe the last time out. Kinda cold but it was nice. We entered Canada for several miles and then returned. Did not stop. We passed the Point Abino lighthouse and Sherkston beach. The lake was so nice as compared to the entire summer. I have some good videos but too big. But this pic will do until I gets them on YouTube.

View attachment 1903
Nice, same ski. Except on your end of the lake the water is much clearer. And I know that this photo was no taken yesterday Judging from the weather forecast. lol

SST

The photo was taken the day before. Yesterday the weather was also nice up until later afternoon as the weather system moved east. Today, its raining. The next round of nice weather looks like next Wednesday and Thursday. But I plan on going south into Pennsylvania and do some much needed bike riding.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
The photo was taken the day before. Yesterday the weather was also nice up until later afternoon as the weather system moved east. Today, its raining. The next round of nice weather looks like next Wednesday and Thursday. But I plan on going south into Pennsylvania and do some much needed bike riding.
Don't know if we got them, but towards the end of this past week they were calling for 10-17 ft waves on this end of the lake.

SST

Don't know if we got them, but towards the end of this past week they were calling for 10-17 ft waves on this end of the lake.
Those kinda waves cause a lot of damage. The Army Corp of Engineers; or it contractor, just finished repairing our outer break walls. Damaged from last years wild weather.

I wonder what this year will bring.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Well we are back to normal, 1 to 3's on this end of the lake, winds out of the north 10-15 knots today changing to north west tonight 15-20 knots.
Strong winds out of the east is when my girl sets on her trailer, and I go play golf.:)

SST

While this weekend is looking like trash, the weather upcoming next week is looking fairly nice for this time of year. I will likely take my last run on Tuesday and then change the oil and winterize. Then to storage next weekend. I will have put on approximately 50 hours this season.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
While this weekend is looking like trash, the weather upcoming next week is looking fairly nice for this time of year. I will likely take my last run on Tuesday and then change the oil and winterize. Then to storage next weekend. I will have put on approximately 50 hours this season.
(y), how many times out?

SST

The logbook is in the boat which is in a temporary storage area. I don't know how many times I've actually taken the boat out for a ride. But with taking a ride on the Erie Canal a couple of times, puts a big chunk time on the clock for a single outing. I'll have to check this coming week. Pouring rain out at this point.