No power to ignition - visual signs of blown 90 amp fuse?

dflaherty10912

I have a 2016 mercruiser 8.2L. Turn the ignition key, no dash lights and engine does not get power. I am getting clean power to the ECM. Things I have checked. 14 pin connector (engine side - no volts), 50 amp fuse (power in and out no volts). The only thing I can think of is the 90 amp on the starter. This is not easy to get a probe on it. I get 12.6 volts on one side , the other is dead. Visually the white square cube looks intact with no signs of burning.

Now things I did before this problem occurred: serviced the impeller, (included removing crossover, cool fuel module and alternator) and stern drive (removal and alignment). I think the alternator removal and then re-installation is where the problem is. I can't remember is if disconnected the battery, which points to the 90 amp fuse being blown. Removing and replacing this fuse is not an easy job. What else can I test before replacing the 90 amp? What do you guys think?

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
I was always taught when trouble shooting first look where someone has worked on it.
If everything was working before you did the work, then I would retrace your steps.
Been there done that and have the T-shirt. Good luck, please keep us posted.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Glad you got it fixed.
90 amp. Holy Moley, that a big un. :eek: