2007 Sunesta 214 Propeller

FiremistSLK

Just purchased a SPECTACULAR clean 2007 Sunesta 214. A 100% fresh water boat with the Mercruiser 5.0 MPI and an Alpha drive. Boat has only 300 hrs. BUT the original owner put a Ballistic SS prop on it. He then hit a submurged object and pretty much chipped and bent the prop, I was going to get it refurbished but I understand the Ballastic SS props are not as "Robust" as a Mirage SS. So I may just replace the prop. Comments? Also. what is the best SS prop for this boat (pitch and diameter)? Thanks in advance..... JOHN

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Hi and welcome to NBT. Congrats on the new to you boat. There sure are some good buys out there right now. Tough to buy and have to leave it sit for months but you save so much that it is so worth it.
I would agree a Mirage SS would be so much better than refurbishing the Ballistic SS.
I would go with the prop recommended by the manufacturer. If you want to experiment find a dealer in your area that will let you try a couple different ones to zero in on the right prop for what you will use the boat for most of the time. Do you want the hole shot or the top end?