285XLC RADAR ARCH

CaribbeanSoul2

Does anyone know where I can find a factory radar arch for my 285xlc - I purchased this boat new in 1988 w/o the arch - would like to find one. The 2850 arch would most likely fit - thank you - happy boating!

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
The arch on my girl is off of a1987 285 XLC. They look the same. I bought mine some 30 yrs ago from a man that lived in the town that chaparrals are made. They had a big house cleaning and he bought 2 of them, and I bought one of them from him. He said that he was going to retrofit one on a boat that he had. Which is what I did. I do not Know if he ever did. I believe he owned a well digging company. I would try calling the boat bone yards, or boats being sold. maybe if you get the right person at Chap. they might be ale to point you in the right direction, it will have to be someone who cares and has been there as long as your girl is old.

CaribbeanSoul2

Thank you for the ideas - I should have bought the arch when I bought the boat but... 800 hours on it with very few issues since 1988. See you out there!!

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Do you have any pictures of her, would love to see some, I love the looks of the older boats.
test054.jpg
IMG_5411.JPG

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
It never came up before but I always thought your arch was original equipment on your boat. Nice addition. Looks great.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Nice touch with the arch. I believe it sets higher then the original one.
She looks really clean, how is the interior?
I have seen only one and it was back in the early 90's, and I thought it was so cool looking.
Not only did the arch look good, it was also very functional, it had speakers, interior lights, and the mast headlight sat on top, which put it behind you instead of in your eyes, like the ones that they put on the windshields.

Last edited:

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
I think your right. But to find an original will be tuff.
I know, I have been all over the net, trying to see if I could see if there was a complete boat for sale.
I have actually only seen 1, and that was way back.
I did find 1 on the net with an arch for sale, it must be an old add. I sent an E-mail a couple of weeks ago asking if it was still for sale, still have not gotten any response.
None of the other ones I found had arches, and there were not many of them, could be everyone that has one is hanging on to them.
I still have mine.
I think looking in the boat bone yards is his best bet.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Still have not given up.
Type in boat salvage yards.
Click on images, and it will open up places you can you can search for your arch.
I would look in the neighbor hood of Nashville Ga where chap boats are and were built, or the coast where there were storms.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
I was able to acknowledge the gentleman that I bought my arch from in my past records. (Nov 92) I was able to talk to a man that worker with him, the only problem is, he passed on about 20 years ago, he said. And he was the last of the family members, his son passed on before him.