AHOY CAP'S

JDM

Doc, thanks for the invite. I have been into boating for about 30 years, mostly sailboats. Am looking forward to hearing from you folks. I love boating. Bev and I lived on a sailboat in Houston for 8 years and cruised off and on for about 5 years, so boats are in my blood. My hailing port is 36.09N 93.30W rural Arkansas. JD

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Welcome to Net Boat Talk JD. I've been boating 25 or so years (not counting years in the Navy). We boat on the Ohio river mostly, and run ski boats and recently added a houseboat to our fleet. With the houseboat we spend more time on the water than ever since we can easily spend the night. :thumb:
I bet the Gulf coast would be awesome for boating.
How about some pics of your boats when you get a chance.
Enjoy and post often. :thumb: :D

JDM

Here are some photos that show about 30 years of my life. I have had some awesome adventures. I am one lucky fellow.

Hunter 002.jpg

Moments 2.jpg

Rogue.jpg

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Good pics. That bottom one looks like a regular cuddy cabin with a mast. Is that twin outdirves on the rear?

How big are your boats?

JDM

Yes twin 350's. The two sailboats are 25 & 36ft. The stink pot is 28 ft. The 25 is a Cheribini designed Hunter. The 36 (with the wind generator) is an S2 Tiara. The photo of the S2 was taken at Port Townsend, WA not to long before we headed off to Alaska. The scenery and the wildlife we saw was just like you see in a National Geographic magazine. The Admiral and I took all of one summer to make the trip, I would not trade that experience for anything. JD

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
The Alaska Trip sounds AWESOME!!!!!! If you don't mind how about starting a thread in the photo section and share some of your photos of the trip. I would love to see them.

So, did you convert the 'stink pot' to a sailbooat? That huge mast on it sure did not come with the boat, did it? I would suspect it would be prone to tipping .....

Ali

Wakeboarding Momma!
Very nice boats JDM! I've always been intrigued with sailing, never done it but very interested in trying it out someday!
Doc, I'm pretty sure you are confusing the light post behind the boat (28' stink pot) with a mast! :)

JDM

Doc, Ali has it right. It's a power pole in the background. Doc I will see what I can do about some Alaska photos. I may have to scan in some photos out of the albums as the Alaska pics are the old fashion kind of photos. Probably will not be the best in quality but we can see what happens. Tha Admiral will have to be the one to do this as I am not to good on this contraption. Jd

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Thanks Ali and JD. :hide: Duh on my part.

On the Alaska pics, I understand JD. I had to scan a few things yesterday and ran into some old boating pics we had taken the old fashioned way. Scanning is no fun, but worth it once done.

JDM

Thank you for the welcome. Doc when I get ready to post some photos of the Alaska trip where would I need to do this? JD

JDM

I have been out of power here for over a week and the power co. may have it back on by Monday next week. I will try to get something up on the Alaska photos after that. JD

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
JD I missed your post asking where to post the Alaska pics. Sorry. How about putting them in the Pictures of boats, boaters and more forum.
Thanks. I'm looking forward to them.

JDM

Doc, I have some photos up of the Alaska trip. They are at Pictures of boats, boaters and more. JD