Canvas for 280

Skibumrb1

Looking for someone who has replaced their canvas on a 2001 280. Where did you get it done, ballpark price and are templates available?

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
You are looking at a 20yr old boat I really doubt that it is available. To start with, they did not make it, it was subcontracted to someone else.
A canvas shop can duplicate it, cost will be determined by what all you want done and what materials they do it in. Cheap will not last as long as good. Hope this helps.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
All the canvas shops here are 6 months out.
I help a guy out here at a canvas shop, and he is turning some work away. This is a bad time of year to try and get upholstery and canvas work done.
Did you try that Chap boats factory, that I posted?

Skibumrb1

Denny, i did, no luck. I will just put my order in locally and wait it out like everyone else. Thanks for all input

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
If you could hold off till the end of this season it will be cheaper. Canvas shops are under a lot of pressure this time of year, mainly because the good ones are still trying to get out the stuff that they took in last fall, and if we have an early spring, everybody wants it yesterday.lol