Carpet replacement: 2004 Sunesta 252

LAKETIME

Hello, all,

My carpet, especially the backing, is showing its age. It sheds black particles, making the deck look like someone went crazy with a peppermill...
I've seen types of replacement, even a rubberized version, that may be close to OEM.
Does anyone have any ideas? If not, I'll go with a custom shop...

Thanks in advance,
Dan

willbaker13

Check out the two below:

LAKETIME

Check out the two below:

Thanks, Will,

I checked out both.
Snap-in looks to have excellent products; I've ordered a few samples to get a good idea of the quality.
Corinthian didn't answer the phone, and a search on their site didn't show my boat model.

I'll be glad to get the junky looking OEM carpet out of my boat!! ;-)

ags

I replaced the cockpit carpet in my 350 with "seagrass" vinyl from snapin. They already had the pattern and fit was perfect. It's so much nicer than the original fiber carpet. It does get hot when in the direct sun - a quick spray witht the swim platform shower fixes it.

WIngnut

Hello, all,

My carpet, especially the backing, is showing its age. It sheds black particles, making the deck look like someone went crazy with a peppermill...
I've seen types of replacement, even a rubberized version, that may be close to OEM.
Does anyone have any ideas? If not, I'll go with a custom shop...

Thanks in advance,
Dan
I replaced mine with a set from The Matworks. They sent an OEM replacement set that did not cover my existing snap pattern. Very close, but not perfect. I contacted them, and they said they made mine from a previous customers template, and figured his must not have been OEM. Long story short, I sent them my own templates, and the shipped me my replacement set in 4 days, and told me to just keep the old ones. Perfect fit, upgraded backing, OEM color match, and sent with stainless snaps for you to install as no two boats are the same. They offer many alternatives also if you feel you are ready for a change. Very good people to deal with. https://matworks.com/

CruizinLG

If money is an issue, I replaced the carpeting in my previous Chaparral boat with similar Berber style marine carpeting with rubber backing. If I remember correctly, I bought a 6' x 12' section and used my old carpeting as a template to cut the new pieces. The hardest part was finding a carpeting place to apply the binding to the edges. I invested in a Hoover Press to attach the new snaps.
Personal choice, but I'm not a big fan of the sea-grass. I currently have it in my 2017 Sunesta and it gets so hot in the sun, but at least it dries faster. That said, I miss the Berber carpeting that was in my 246 ssi.