Ecarte Channel Canada

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Did my 10 minutes of hoop jumping to let me in. So I am headed for 3 days of going up and down the channels in the Ecarte Channel area.
Just a few things that I get to see along the way The blue lines on the chart represent miles and miles of channels. If you like solitude and nature, this is the place to go. Might even try a little fishing.

1662179068257.png
1662179156962.png

IMG_0585.JPG
IMG_5444.JPG

SST

I pulled my boat out of the water this weekend to clean it up. I'm watching the current High Pressure system and hope it kinda stalls over the area as I would love to get back into Canada. Have fun.

SST

I trailer the boat into Canada and launch a few miles from Toronto. Not much open water to cross but the wind direction and speed plays a big part as to whether I decide to go or not.

One venture a few years ago, I decided to take the boat into Canada and launch. But when I arrived at the ramp, everyone was pulling there boat out. The wind and waves had picked up. I ended up coming home. Very disappointed ☹️.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
That is truly a factor with our size of boat, as you and I both know from boating on Lake Erie.
When you go, how long do you stay for, and do you stay on the boat?

SST

When I first started going to Toronto, I would just go for the day. But, the past few times, I've rented a slip and overnighted on the boat.

I love my boat but it can be a bastard in the wind if not underway. A few years ago, I almost got washed ashore due to wind speed, direction and two stupid people walking in front of me while I tried to "escape." Because of this incident, I anchor further out and if I feel I'm gonna get barricaded in with no way out, I leave.

SST

BTW, how was traveling through Canadian Customs? Any problems with the APP or from the border personnel?

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
No issues, app works fine as long as you push the right buttons. (LOL) Be pleasant, answer their questions. I learned a long-long time ago that you get more with sugar than you do with vinegar. They have a job to do, some enjoy, and some just do it. Every time you go across you are building a track record, along with any passengers that are with you. Mine is close to 30 years.

Glad to here you are spending some nights with your girl. Sorry to here of the situations you are experiencing. I guess I'm on the end of the lake that has more protection from the weather.

Phillbo

I travel to Mexico a lot and have never had an issue as long as you are polite and obedient....