How often do you give your girl a waxing?😜

SST

After just over a month I finally got my boat back from the shop. Lengthy delay do to parts shortage. So now I’m in a hurry to get it buffed and waxed among other requirements and get it in the water. It’s been a long long way since a year ago with surgery. I too have finally arrived.

Picture is buffing and waxing.
431CCD06-365A-4A17-8EB5-60460C6A3DCB.jpeg

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Always at least once a year. Try for twice a year. But this year we are targeting doing the bottom once a month. The bottom cleans up so much easier after waxing. And we found a was that sprays on and wipes off so easy and stays on after 4 days in the dirty river water. Very impressed.

The top have is waxed monthly usually during a dull moment while on the water. Easy peezy, especially when my dear wife is so OCD with cleaning. She loves doing it. I love her doing it. I'm so bad. :hide:

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Two things make it possible for me not to have ever waxed me girl.
1- I painted her in 92
2 -She sits on her trailer in a building 99% of the time.
From time to time during the season I will wipe her down with a product called SW 89 Body Gloss.

SST

The sun bakes my gelcoat especially the stern portion which takes a direct hit all season. The colors at the bow are still factory fresh due to very little sun light. But after the registration numbers, it takes a beating.

As for the hull, this year is my last year of my favorite bottom treatment. It is no longer mfr'd. So simple. Just one little thin coat and that's it. While it doesn't prevent slime growth, it slowed it down a lot. And, made it very easy to brush it clean during the season. Usually if I'm anchored at the beach or out in the lake, I'll jump into the water and give it a scrub. I've never had any muscles grow on the hull.

Without this stuff, I don't know what I'm going to do next year. VS721 works just as well as above but the application process is extremely annoying. Having to put two coats of the thick paste isn't easy while climbing around underneath while still on the trailer. Then having to raise the boat off the trailer to get at the bunk areas......not any fun. But that's next year.

SST

But you said above that it lasts 4 days. Are you on a rack? Mine is in the water for the entire season and rarely comes out.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
But you said above that it lasts 4 days. Are you on a rack? Mine is in the water for the entire season and rarely comes out.
I said it lasted the 4 days I was in the water. I put in for weekends ... usually 3 or 4 days at a time. I didn't know you leave yours in all season. That is not an option for me. I like taking it out after each weekend use. No rack. Wife and I get er done. I back the trailer down the ramp and she drives the boat onto the trailer. We've been doing this for 30 years.

SST

I assumed you were in a slip which left me scratching my head as to why you would wax it every 4 days or so. Of course, now I get it.

Reactions: Doc

SST

One year ago today about this time I was flat on my back just hours after surgery. I like this better. So good to be back on the water.

Attachments

• 6CD3E6EB-D8D9-4669-89FF-E770E5ECF947.jpeg
    6CD3E6EB-D8D9-4669-89FF-E770E5ECF947.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 76
  • A90A9F61-095C-41FC-AB86-3F7DFCB69C4D.jpeg
    A90A9F61-095C-41FC-AB86-3F7DFCB69C4D.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 66