One nice think about dropping water levels ..

Phillbo

Get some ramp extensions done while they can:

1642109270801.png

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
They planned ahead, but not quite far enough.
Does the level ever fluctuate anymore or has it just been a steady drop?
I have been going out to phoenix for over 25 years, and in the last few years it seams as if the water is getting lower every year in your area of the country.

SST

I remember long ago that Lake Erie was really low. At that time, I was at a fixed dock so my boat was well below the finger. I always have said I needed a parachute to get into my boat. But the other concern was the launch ramp. Normally its deep enough you can't see the end of it. But with the lower level, it was becoming visible and it began to worry me because the ramp didn't just smoothly come to an end. It stopped abruptly with maybe 1 foot higher than the bottom. Eventually, you would not be able to launch or retrieve. I kept a close eye on that ramp and water levels that year. I'm not sure what the ramps are like underwater at the marina I'm at now. To deep to see. Works for meeeee.

Phillbo

They planned ahead, but not quite far enough.
Does the level ever fluctuate anymore or has it just been a steady drop?
I have been going out to phoenix for over 25 years, and in the last few years it seams as if the water is getting lower every year in your area of the country.
It will come back up a bit in the spring. Lake can raise and lower about 45'. problem is the lower snow pack in the colorado shed.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
A few years ago the was up about 2' and it made quite a mess for a lot of homes and marinas around the Great Lakes and rivers.
Unlike your problem, we were able to boat in places that we could not go before.
Lake Erie is also regulated by how hard the wind blows, and the direction it is coming from.

unplugged

85EB564F-DB2A-4F08-8114-19D51CE8F7FA.jpeg
This is on the north channel of lake St. Clair back in August of 2020. With the levels being the way they’ve been for the last couple of years, entering the North Channel, although sketchy, is possible. If the lakes were at their normal levels, entry would be impossible for anything except maybe a jetski.

Reactions: Doc