Safe Holiday Weekend To All

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
And just maybe you will get to spend some time with your girl.

Reactions: Doc

SST

I've put two hours on so far this season. With the amount of rain and it being Memorial Weekend, I'm not venturing very far. Too much crazy traffic with a strong potential for getting "pulled over."

I did treat my cover with 303 so with the recent downpour yesterday, it will be interesting to see if any water got in. I took black pool cover plastic and made engine vent covers which in the past has worked very well keeping water out.

Have fun out there....but not too much fun as it isn't worth it...hint.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Fantastic boating weekend up to this afternoon. The big ole thunderstorm, that killed folks on it's way through the midwestern states, came through at 5pm and more rain and lightning forecast for tomorrow so ..... we ended boating early. Pulled our girl out of the water and parked her in the shed out of the weather.

Not complaining as we had all day Friday and Saturday and most of Sunday before we called it a day. Lots of boats out on the Mighty Ohio River but we dock and stay down near the less busy end of the 45 mile pool so we have no issues with the traffic. Very enjoyable and relaxing. So nice to be back on the water.

Last edited:

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Did not get her out this weekend, too many projects and iffy weather patterns. but got to play with her last weekend. Battery charger took a dump and cooked both of her batteries. $425 later and she is all better again. Battery charger was probable 10yrs old, start battery was going to be replaced at the beginning of next season, the one that hurt was I just replaced the house battery the beginning of this season. But all in all that is not bad for all the memories she has given me both on and off the water. Her ignition switch looked a little tired so I put in a new one too. I have spent more time tinkering on her then I have been on the water with her. Next year she will have her 40th birthday, and within a couple more times out she she will have over 2000 hrs on her. I am the 2nd owner, when I found her, she was 7yrs old with 180 hrs. There are no bad memories, they are all part of our ongoing adventure together.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Fantastic boating weekend up to this afternoon. The big ole thunderstorm, that killed folks on it's way through the midwestern states, came through at 5pm and more rain and lightning forecast for tomorrow so ..... we ended boating early. Pulled our girl out of the water and parked her in the shed out of the weather.

Not complaining as we had all day Friday and Saturday and most of Sunday before we called it a day. Lots of boats out on the Mighty Ohio River but we dock and stay down near the less busy end of the 45 mile pool so we have no issues with the traffic. Very enjoyable and relaxing. So nice to be back on the water.
Glad you got her out, sounds like you able to spend some quality time on the water. We got the tail end of the rain. It was just a steady straight downpour and no wind no lightening for an hour or so. I feel very blessed, I can pick and choose when I go out. So during the week when I go, Lake Erie is my own private lake, there is nobody on it. The only issue I see with that is, if I were to light a distress flare, would anybody see it. I don't know how far away they are visible during the day. Phone reception is not the best, because they point the towers down so the signal doesn't go to Canada. Text reception works a little better then voice. If I am out far enough I do pick up the Canadian towers. The good part is I have my radio.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
I've put two hours on so far this season. With the amount of rain and it being Memorial Weekend, I'm not venturing very far. Too much crazy traffic with a strong potential for getting "pulled over."

I did treat my cover with 303 so with the recent downpour yesterday, it will be interesting to see if any water got in. I took black pool cover plastic and made engine vent covers which in the past has worked very well keeping water out.

Have fun out there....but not too much fun as it isn't worth it...hint.
Two hours is a start. Hopefully you will get many more this season. Let us know if you were able to keep her dry.