Sunesta Dock Light Bulb Retension Spring

haynesrb

Greetings!

While replacing the docking light bulbs on my 2010 Sunesta 224, I accidentally broke one of the small retension springs. Does anyone know of a source to replace the broken spring without replacing the entire dock light assembly? I've checked with a couple of parts supplier but none have the spring.

Thanks in advance for any guidance someone may have.

Cheers,
Brad

Iggy

What about going with an LED and hard wire it to the harness? No spring or contacts to rust out.

haynesrb

I did get an LED bulb. I hadn’t considered hard wiring it. The springs look like they act as a retaining clip and a shock absorber.

haynesrb

Well, thanks for the replies. I took some advice from a "spring guy", ordered a potential replacement. Immediately realized that was not going to work. Adjusted and ordered another spring. Closer, but still not workable. But then the 2x4 hit me across the head. I took the broken spring, unwound it enough to fasion it into it's own replacement. Installed and working...so I called that a win.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Great, way to go! As you can see, there is a little mechanical in all of us.

SST

My stern light is the worst light onboard my boat. I'm lucky if I make it beyond a year before it fails again. The past two nights I've been out this season, I've had to use a small LED flashlight tied to the ski eye. It's actually brighter and higher up than the stern light. Less likely being blocked by the tall rooster tail wake at slow speeds. I do have an LED bulb for a spare now so that will replace the current "old fashion" bulb.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
I went all LED and the pricing wasn't all that bad. Lots brighter and easier on my house battery.
I got them at Batteries Plus+

SST

That's the plan to replace all of them. But the nav light and anchor lights above the windshield are the old bulbs and just keep on going. When they finally fail, I'll replace them. And your right about usage of the battery. I actually have a separate/independent anchor light to keep battery usage to a minimum.