2004 Chaparral Sunesta 252 Fuse/Breaker location

LAKETIME

Hello, all,

Just started the season with a short run on the lake. I couldn't get the stereo working, due to no power to the unit. I suspect a fuse or breaker as the culprit, but I can't rule out a loose wire, due to having some major work, and summerizeing done recently during the off-season.
So...I would normally look under the captain's console for the breaker panel/box, but all I see is a square black box with rows of rubber 'nipples' sticking out. I've looked through the Chaparral parts guide, but nothing looks familiar. Is there some way to work with this to troubleshoot the power outage to the stereo??
Thanks in advance!

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
I'll reply some general info that you probably already know or doesn't apply to your boat.
My boats have a push button reset switch below each of the light, blower, horn and stereo switch.
I would guess if that was the case you would have noticed those but mentioning just in case.

I had a stereo problem on a boat I used to own. Took me quite a while to figure out that when running on battery two, the stereo would not work. It was not wired to work there. For stereo I had to be on battery one.

Iggy

Hello, all,

Just started the season with a short run on the lake. I couldn't get the stereo working, due to no power to the unit. I suspect a fuse or breaker as the culprit, but I can't rule out a loose wire, due to having some major work, and summerizeing done recently during the off-season.
So...I would normally look under the captain's console for the breaker panel/box, but all I see is a square black box with rows of rubber 'nipples' sticking out. I've looked through the Chaparral parts guide, but nothing looks familiar. Is there some way to work with this to troubleshoot the power outage to the stereo??
Thanks in advance!

Those rubber nipples are breakers.