Help!!! New purchase 2021 287 SSX suggestions for must have add on's

Gibby

We're in the process for buying a new Chap 2021 287 SSX and have till 2/26/2021 to make any changes. Need suggestions on what you would consider a must have. Here's our build list of add on's so far. Electric porcelain pump out head, 12v Fridge in front of helm, Windlass with stainless steel anchor, Premium package, Blue led underwater lights, bow and stern hand wash sprayers, cockpit table with own storage, Volvo 350hp with closed loop cooling system, Snap in seadeck flooring, Electric folding Arch white, Black bottom and top with gray painted stripe, JL stereo upgrade to 6 speakers with subwoofer, power trim tabs, and cockpit and bow covers. We did not go with the bow cushion filler as we have never used ours on our 254. So any suggestions on any thing else would be appreciated. Speakers for the Arch? Thanks Gibby

Iggy

I see nothing on electronics, no VHF, GPS, sonar and alike. Also, I would add one or two house batteries that can be paralleled with the starting battery if needed. If you're running a fridge and sound system, you will need the extra batteries. What about shore power?

I would not bother with the stainless anchor. They look nice but will get scratched up with use. If it was me, I would use a galvanized Rocna anchor and 25' of chain.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Speakers for the arch will truly carry the sound outside your boat. For skiers or wakerboarders ...or in tie ups when you want all to hear your stereo. You didn't mention an amp for the stereo. With a woofer andn all those speakers an amp would be nice.
One other feature I didn't notice that we really enjoyed our our boat was a spray at rear of boat. the hose was in the engine compartment and you simply lifted it out of it's fiberglass slip when you wanted to spray off the swim deck or your feet or anything. It came with our boat and was more handy than we had imagined. It used the same 20 gallon tank that fed the sink in the cuddy cabin.
Congrats on your new boat. Sounds awesome. Pics please when you can.

Iggy

You will learn to HATE the black hull and interior.
Well?????

I had black and I did get it to a mirror shine, even better than the white. But any scratch will stick out! After 9 years it started to fog up and hard to keep it shiny. I was going to have a professional do it, but I sold the boat.

Gibby

It's call "black interior" but it's white with gray and black trim. Doesn't look like it will be too bad for heat. The engine is a Volvo V-8 350 Gen V EVC 2.32 DP 350 HP Catalyst with the closed cooling system. The porcelain toilet is a must have for the admerial, she's done trying to keep a plastic potty clean. The pump out will be a lot easier than toting the plastic potty for me as well.
I see nothing on electronics, no VHF, GPS, sonar and alike. Also, I would add one or two house batteries that can be paralleled with the starting battery if needed. If you're running a fridge and sound system, you will need the extra batteries. What about shore power?

I would not bother with the stainless anchor. They look nice but will get scratched up with use. If it was me, I would use a galvanized Rocna anchor and 25' of chain.

The boat come with Twin Simrad NSS7 EVO3 Chartplotter/Multifunction Display (Includes: 7" Color Multi-touch Display's with Chartplotter, GPS, Wifi, Insight Charts Inland & Coastal, Transducer and Engine Data)

Gibby

Gibby

So Exterior Black is out and our next choice is Blue with the interior trim white/gray/blue, and the Arch filled with the Blue. see attached. Your thoughts?

Attachments

• Biscayne Blue.jpg
    Biscayne Blue.jpg
    433.9 KB · Views: 118

Iggy

It's call "black interior" but it's white with gray and black trim. Doesn't look like it will be too bad for heat. The engine is a Volvo V-8 350 Gen V EVC 2.32 DP 350 HP Catalyst with the closed cooling system. The porcelain toilet is a must have for the admerial, she's done trying to keep a plastic potty clean. The pump out will be a lot easier than toting the plastic potty for me as well.

The boat come with Twin Simrad NSS7 EVO3 Chartplotter/Multifunction Display (Includes: 7" Color Multi-touch Display's with Chartplotter, GPS, Wifi, Insight Charts Inland & Coastal, Transducer and Engine Data)

Gibby
Thats great!! I just bought the same MFD. I posted it just a few hours ago on another thread. In the same thread I bought a Halo20 + radar. The 7" MFD is to complement a 12" NSS12 that I have. With 2 units we can overlay charts and radar on one and the other sonar. But you will need a port expansion unit for radar since the 7" unit only comes with one ethernet port. I wish it had two! I would add a VHF and maybe AIS. A. VHF is your best safety equipment you could have.

I had Garmin for years, so this is my first year with Simrad and so far its been the right choice.

Last edited: